Tea tonight

Something a little different for us tonight.  OH was worried as I refused to tell him what he was having for his tea.  He does not like surprises.

In the past few weeks or so on Pinterest and on Instagram there have been particular posts using puff pastry tops covering balsamic onions that you place onto baking parchment and then layer up.  I did them with onion, cherry tomato, Tickler cheese and Balsamic.  They were delicious.  Something else that has made its way onto the menu.  Unfortunately I cannot find the link I first saw.  Sod's law.  I did start off with foil although parchment was used.  The first batch was a disaster because of the foil.  Tasted nice though the filling just stuck to the foil so be warned!






Served it with a simple salad and home made chips which padded the meal out nicely.  Well chuffed with how it came out and how it tasted.  All made from stuff I had in house in both the pantry and the fridge.  Also uses up little amounts of this and that which would possibly get missed.  Can also do a fruit version of this.  Next version I will do will probably be goat's cheese, onion and Balsamic with a little chopped herb or a little Asparagus.  Yum.  Even G liked what he had.

Right am off to potter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. They look delicious and very professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My presentation sometimes goes awry. They taste good though xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts