Things are looking up

What a gorgeous morning to wake up to.  I was awake at 5:00am the sky was blue the Sun was peeping out and the City was quiet for it and it was warm. Not as quiet as the countryside but relatively peaceful apart from birdsong.  We get the constant rumble of cars and traffic on the roads; sometimes here the trains and the Speedway when it is on at the East of England Showground. There is a lovely breeze but it is not cold.  Bet it is lovely down in Cornwall.

Time for the kitchen today.  Time to get windows open and let the fresh air through and get things sorted and where I can find it.  Going to be a busy day in that regard; however will put the radio on and then wade through everything and get it sorted.  It is the sort of day where I would rather be crafting, but that will wait until later.

I have been and had my Covid Booster; experienced Nurse made all the difference as you hardly feel it.  Arm is hurting a bit but that seems to be par for the course with me these days.  Another one out of the way with though and I am grateful to have the opportunity to have this.

Last night I managed to finish the second shoulder shawl, well the knitting in any event.  As I still had time to do a little more knitting I started on the mittens of the next project.  I have just started working the rib.  Hopefully they will be out of the way soon. If they knit up okay I might well line them with some fleece to make them warmer for my hands.

I have then decided to probably on Sunday in the afternoon sit and start doing the fringing, on the two shoulder shawls and the scarf which has already been knitted in order to complete these projects and get them out of the way with.  I can then return to the mittens again.  That is the plan at the moment.

I am quite chuffed that the knitting part on the shawls has now been completed and with how they have worked up.  One is a slightly different pattern to the other; hence one is longer than the other.  I also love the different colourways on both shoulder shawls.  They are going to be ideal for the cooler months.  It all adds to the wardrobe and provides something different.  Giving me practice at knitting.

We have had a scratch tea tonight, Lincolnshire style chipolatas with tinned tomatoes.  A regular Saturday night tea when I was growing up, and still very tasty.  Means I can get on a bit and do some of my crafting now.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening, it is the kind of evening to go to a Pub for a Cider!

Catch you all soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts