Today has been relatively quiet

 Still not 100% but better than I have been. It is a week for medical appointments of one sort or another as well. Tomorrow I have my booster for Covid to go and get sorted out!  I hope I do not have a reaction this time.  On the 16th I also have a physiotherapy Telephone appointment to attend to.  I am not sure how that is going to work!

I also need to get my eyesight test sorted out!

Last night I started to do some family research work again. I felt the need, and am now starting to fill in the names and details, some of which I am learning for the first time as well.  Have been on again tonight to fill in a few more details some of which I did not know specifically although I had an inkling.  There are so many questions I now have and no one to ask them of, as I am now considered one of the elders of the family!  When did that happen!

I also intend to set about my knitting again tonight.  It is coming on slowly, and I did do quite a bit last night.  Will get there in the end.  I think my energy levels are reflecting in how well I am getting on with the knitting or not.  I do not feel that this has gone as well as I had anticipated.  These things are sent to try us.

For the next project I have to fringe my scarf, finish the hat, sort out some mittens (I have an old vintage pattern that I am going to use which I think came from my Nan's.  It looks an older pattern than those that my mum had although she had a fair few as she was always sewing or knitting for us throughout her life bless her.  The pattern is using the old UK knitting needle sizes and fortunately I do have a couple of bags of old needles which I can use to knit it.  Would be handy to have a conversion chart though so that I can still use these where I can.  Many years of either my Mum or my Nan handling those needles are in those knitting bags.  If there is enough wool left over as well which I think there will be, I intend to make some hand warmers as well.  Also be good to get these out the way with.  Perhaps I am being a tad over-optimistic with some of my time parameters and then whipping myself in the process!

We have had a nice simple tea this evening (sorry no photos).  I cooked and roasted a chicken and served with home made chunky chips and then served with some baked beans.  Went down very nicely as it has been a little while since we had chicken.  As usual some left over for tomorrow as well.

Not been too bad a day here weather wise today.  Been able to get all my tea towels out to get them dry on the line.  Did some of the bedding earlier in the week.  As the forecast is dry tomorrow will do some more to get it all sorted.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hello Tricia, Knitting needle conversion chart -

    Imperial Metric
    0 8 mm
    1 7.5
    2 7
    3 6.5
    4 6
    5 5.5
    6 5
    7 4.5
    8 4
    9 3.75
    10 3
    11 2.75
    12 2.25
    13 2

    I still have and use my old needles and can only remember the new sizing for the much used old sizing ie 8 and 10. Hope this helps you.

    Joan (Devon)







    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh Joan, thank you very much. That is lovely of you. It will be nice to give the needles an airing and with a pattern of the time. Must get these neck shawls completed though. One is completely knitted and I have about another 12 rows to work on the other one. Then it is to the fringing part of the job. Might actually fringe the other scarf have knitted at the same time (and which is to be the next project). That will get three projects out of the way with then. Are you working on anything in particular at the moment? I do hope you are keeping well, and thank you so much once again. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
    2. Just do a bit at a time and they will get done. Yes, I am knitting a cardigan/jacket at the moment. I seem to have been doing it for ages, but, like you, a little every day helps it to grow. Gone are the days when I could knit all night as my left arm doesn't want to comply and I find myself falling asleep half way through a row due to the fatigue from the MS. Fortunately I don't lose many stitches. I'm determined to carry on though as I have a black bin bag full of wool/yarn which I want to use up. I have been knitting since my early teens and find it hard not to have some knitting on the go.

      Joan (Devon)

      Delete
    3. Aw bless you. Funnily enough I cannot sit and not do anything. I am usually doing something whether that be crochet, knitting, cross stitch and embroidery. I do not do sitting down very well. With my arm at the moment I have reverted to a spray that goes on cold and then warms up. It helps me get on with things rather than being restricted to doing nothing/ I use either the Deep Freeze spray or the Biofreeze spray. Both are a bit strong, but it does help with relaxing the muscles up a bit around the painful bit. It has helped with my back in the past and is now helping a bit with the arm. Just means I can get on and do a bit. I loose focus a bit at night especially if I am trying out a new crochet stitch. Mind you I do stick at it until I get it right. You take care sweetie and I hope things calm down a little bit for you. Hugs Tricia x

      Delete
    4. I don't know what happened to the columns so I'll do them again and hopefully it will be clearer.

      Imp. - Metric (mm)
      0 - 8
      1 - 7.5
      2 - 7
      3 - 6.5
      4 - 6
      5 - 5.5
      6 - 5
      7 - 4.5
      8 - 4
      9 - 3.75
      10 - 3
      11 - 2.75
      12 - 2.25
      13 - 2

      Yes I have Deep Freeze and Biofreeze Gel and they do relieve the pain for a short while, but was told by a physiotherapist not to use them too often because they could affect the circculation. The same with Deep Heat. I have Ibuprofen Gel on prescription which helps as well.
      Happy crafting. Joan (Devon)

      Delete
    5. Joan, thank you. I do not think it is anything you are doing, some programmes do not transfer columns etc if you copy them and it can be very infuriating. Thank you once again. I only tend to use the Biofreeze or similar when I am going through a bad patch I do not use it all the time, but the Biofreeze is the friendlier of the two. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts