Friday Leading into the Weekend

Phew it is a hot un today.  It is a day where I wish I was down in Cornwall, enjoying the countryside and just chilling, that is not going to happen yet more's the pity.  It doesn't stop the wishing though.  After all the hard work of the past few weeks it is very much needed.  I am going to bed earlier than I had been and just sleeping straight through until about Dawn when the light wakes me and then I nod off again before it is time to start again.  Must say that all energies have gone into the front garden and the back garden.  We do still have the front garden to finish off though with the hedge and also with the top being taken out of the Holly tree.  I think the Hedge might get done next, but the top of the Holly tree is going to have to be taken out when it is quieter as we do live on a main run through traffic wise so probably later of an evening to take it out.

I have not been out in the heat in the middle part of the day today keeping to the house as the heat doesn't mix well with me either.  Over a certain temperature and I do not function well.  It is what it is wouldn't do if we were all the same.  So shall go out when it is a little cooler and I can be more comfy.  I am filling bags with green waste and rubbish so it is warming work in any event.  May go down and set some more seeds in any event.

Had to spray my Peppers yesterday with soapy water as there was a suspicion of white fly, so hopefully have stopped it in its tracks.  Have left a hand spray down there to treat as necessary; I have also given them another spray today. They look a lot clearer but after going to all the trouble of nurturing them I am not going to be beaten by a bug!

I had a rootle last night to sort out some seeds to sow and have split them into two piles.  One for next year sowing and seeds that I can sow this year.  It will be better than nothing and some of it can be preserved hopefully whether that be by dehydrating. pickling, in chutneys etc.  Plan is though for a lot of salad stuff or leaves that can be dried in the dehydrator or eaten fresh.  Tomatoes are if we get any designated for pasta/tomato sauce.  With other veggies they can be turned into pickles, chutney, Piccalilli that sort of thing.  Next year will be different especially if I get all three greenhouses up and running.  Will mean I will get an earlier start.

I am a person that has to be doing stuff, cannot just sit still.  Even when I sit still there is usually some kind of crafting going on which I will need to get back to.  It has kind of taken a back seat to me doing stuff in the garden.

G has also repaired the stone shed door which is/was falling to pieces.  In the process of sorting this G has found the Hoe(s). They need a good bleaching down though. I thought I only had one, but it transpires we have two (maybe 3) as I had a really old one that had belonged to my Mum and Dad and which I grew up with.  Cannot remember getting the first two, not sure where they came from but I think we have bought them or been given them at some point.  Have not been able to locate Mum and Dad's Hoe so far.  We thought we had lost the lot in the fire.  So small things and small blessings for which I am grateful for.  It is going to save my back and my knees when it comes to the weeding and save a bit of time.  The rain water butt has also been found although it appears to be missing its tap.  Last time I saw it that was there.  It does have its topper again though.

G has also started to chop around the old greenhouse; he has had to part do this to get to the water butt.  It all needs doing though one way or the other.  Fingers crossed at the end of the day that we are able to reclaim the old greenhouse eventually that will make a real difference especially if the garden behind it can be reclaimed as well, which I think will require a lot of work but I think it can be done.  Will just have to wait and see.  Maybe then I can turn it back into a fruit garden again.

I have stayed in the cool of the house for the best part of the afternoon just pottering doing a bit of this and that.  Having the seeds means the difference between doing a bit and doing nothing in my book.  Better to have a go and do something than nothing at all.

I also have a big white bucket which I had bought for food storage.  It had been kept in the shed but was retrieved before the fire took main hold.  They have been freestanding in the garden, and so I have taken the executive decision of having one of the buckets in the greenhouse filled with water, so that can use this for watering the greenhouses as the water will be at the right temperature and will not shock the plants.  It can always be topped up with the watering can.  I am thinking of putting some potatoes in the other two.  Will see I am likely to have changed my mind before then.

Right am off to potter in the garden.

I hope you all have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts