Ivy Wrangling

 Well it has been another afternoon in the garden.  Now trying to tame the overgrown Ivy area in front of the greenhouse door.  It is a b..... if I do say so.  A lot has come in over the fence from next door and has welded itself to the fence.  I have slowly and laboriously been peeling this away quite successfully.  I have with some of the roots in the ground ended up pulling and ending up flat on my bum!  It is slow work and tedious but it will be a job well done.  I have also managed to clear all the pots etc that were in front of the greenhouse as well.  Still a lot to do.  Photos below show the Ivy up the fence.




To this



Meanwhile, G has had another session at some of the brambles.  He is taking them down a bit at a time, and then I am going out and getting all the vegetation into a big heap to dry it out a bit before bagging it and taking it to the tip.  It is going to take a few days yet.  One of the reasons we are going out separately in shifts is so that one of us gets a break, but also our elderly Jack Russell is not too clever on her legs and if there is something to fall over she will.  We tried her out in the garden with us the other day and she would not settle.  At least if one of us is with her and the Cat, there is not serious warfare between them and she is reasonably comfortable and happy in that she is not on her own.  I think I have mentioned before that she has an attachment disorder, not helped by her deafness.  Sometimes it is not possible to take us out with us, in which case we wait until she is fast asleep before nipping out.  Sometimes if we are lucky enough she sleeps straight through.  For the best part both her and the Cat are friends.  However, they just spoil themselves every so often when the Cat or the Jack Russell natural temperament comes out to play!  They do not take a lot of notice of G, but they absolutely hate it when I tell them off, as I rudely wag the finger and my voice tone changes and they do not like it one iota!

So the work continues but it will be a job well done by the time that it is all sorted.  Now I just have to remove all the thorns from the brambles that have lodged themselves in various places!

There is only a relatively small area of brambles left for G to clear.  Then it will be a matter of bagging and getting all the rubbish to the tip.  I am sorting the rubbish into like for like as I go so it makes it easier when we do arrive at the tip.  I do of course after we have cleared it have to dig it.  Cannot see G doing it as he has a really bad back, but I will work on it a bit at a time.  Might do me a bit of good!

I have my yearly eye test tomorrow morning in town for 11:00am so will see how I get on with that.

I will go out and potter again in a little while and probably set about cleaning up a lot of the pots that I found in front of the greenhouse.  There are some of my good Terracotta ones which I use in the Herb garden.

Tea tonight at G's request is Barbecue pork and he wants it served with boiled potatoes.  Something he used to cook for himself apparently when he used to go fishing which for the present he seems to have given up on.  My verdict is out at the moment as I am not sure about it.  Will have to wait and see. (update his sort of thing not mine).

It has been a windy day, but warmish.  I was going out to do a little more work but it is now chucking it down with rain quite heavily. So it looks as if that is that for this evening.

In those circumstances I shall hopefully be able to get out and do a lot more tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. I'm out in the garden most days, still clearing the cobbles with my trusty hoof pick! I'm clearing the other end of the bank too, creating a border along the top of the wall and am off to the Nursery at X-Gates this morning to get some more Hardy Geraniums to go along there and tumble over the wall.

    Sounds like you are getting on top of your garden now. Ivy is a devil and very tenacious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts