Still working in the Garden

G ended up clearing a load more overgrown brambles etc this morning and there is only one small clump left to clear.  I am out there pootling, trying to get all the broken stems and rubbish including Ivy runners out of the ground and it is a slow old job.  Tedious but it needs doing.  I am also removing any other rubbish I find as I go along.  No doubt I will be going over this ground again for a further removal session but I am taking what I can get hold of out at the moment.  There are roots etc. to be killed off and also dug out of the ground.  Once all that kind of work is done I can then start on the digging.  However, this is slow old work and there will not be any quick results.  I am getting rid of the garbage though.  I am now up to about 15 bin bags full of rubbish that needs to go to the tip. Hopefully will be going tomorrow to take this in order to see what we have actually achieved.  I am going to be in the garden again for a little while this evening, trying to get more stuff together to go down to the tip.  Then after the tip tomorrow I will carry on with the area I was working today.  Get rid of what I can whilst we can.

The Greenhouse is only in its early stages; these photos are from last week, and the plants were a little overdue to get into the greenhouse.  They are looking a lot healthier now, but will give another update soon, once it is sorted out a bit better.  The Peppers and tomatoes are also in their proper pots now.  I still have the French Beans to sort out.





Last night, I planted a few seeds, and I am going to do the same tonight as well, a few at a time breaks it up a bit and takes less time, otherwise I would be out until midnight.  There is a proper greenhouse behind the tree in the jungle.  We are dealing with the top part of the garden first though.

I need the other greenhouse up but a load more work needs to happen before I can do that.  Then I can set it up properly.  I am sowing seeds though where I can, trying to get some crops for eating and preserving at the end of the day.  Anything will be a bonus at the moment.  Focus is really on next year.  I want to get some veggies in for the winter months and the early part of next year if I can.  May have to get some manure and dig it in part of the garden this autumn though as I am not particularly happy with the soil condition at the moment.  It will be okay for some bits and bobs, but it needs enriching.  It is a heavy clay soil as well which does not help.  Will get a lot into some of the pots if I cannot get into the ground.

For tea tonight OH is having Pork steaks with baked beans.  Another one of his likes.  Not mine.  I have decided to have a pancake which is something he is not over fond of but will eat occasionally.

Have a good evening everyone, I am off to get G his tea.  Early tea in order that I can get out on my own in the back garden for a little while.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Rome wasn't built in a day, Patty, and a garden is never really finished. You're doing well and will get there with it. When my Dad was ill last year, we did very little in the garden, hubby concentrated on the allotment, whilst I was doing the hospital runs so this year has been a case of reclaiming it and setting it straight, for us it was cutting back a number of bamboos, which like the Ivy can be a thug.
    We counted how many bags of garden waste rubbish went to the tip and it was close on 125 bagfulls, we're now at the painting, staining and oiling stage but getting there.
    Enjoy your peace and quiet, and don't work too hard and do your shoulder a mischief ,take care Crafty Nan xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crafty Nan, I know, I just get over enthusiastic as I actually quite like gardening and growing stuff from seed etc. There is always something that turns up to scupper things. As you say we can only do what we can do. Hugs. We used to do it all the time year in year out until G suffered a slipped disc and was on his back for over a year. That is when things went to pot. Unfortunately I cannot do a lot of the heavy stuff these days like I used to. Bamboo is a thug as well. I think already we have taken about 50 bags of garden rubbish. We decided to leave until next week to go to the tip because of the extreme heat again today. So there will be a load more to go by then. Have a lovely weekend x Tricia aka Pattypanxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts