Sunday

 Started bright and early 5:30am when I woke up went back to sleep got up about 9:00am.  Beautifully sunny when I woke.  Since then has been a very pleasant if somewhat overcast day at times.  A little windier and not as hot, but still quite pleasant.

I have been in the front garden today, clearing all the Holly leaves and rubbish.  We have a gate, but as we are near a bus stop, people going by chuck the rubbish into the garden.  You get all sorts of unpleasant things.  Despite the fact that the dustbins are right there.  It is and has been a constant problem since we moved in here.  So have got all that sorted.  Been over the gravel with a fine tooth comb for prickly holly leaves.  Washed the windows de-cobwebbed everything and made everything look presentable again. 






Passage has been swept and washed down and the gate has been scrubbed.  Spiders get everywhere.  

We now have  a couple of things to do in the front garden to make it "all ship shape Bristol fashion".  The privet hedge needs cutting back again.  This is G's job.  I do most things but I cannot wield the electric hedge trimmer.  The second thing that needs to happen is to take the top out of the Holly tree in the front garden as it has got a little too tall for my liking.  He is going to have to do this, when it is a bit quieter with traffic etc. so that it does not impact or impede anyone else.  

Came in for a coffee after all of this.  Now going into the back garden for a little while to see what I can do there. There are a lot of weeds etc. that need bagging up.  I would also like to get some things done in the greenhouse. G has been and had another go at the Buddleia and it slowly disappearing.  Her has had to use the saw on it as it is solid.  Little by little it is being cleared.

After finishing in the front garden, I then ventured into the back garden again.  I had weeded the patio slab side borders the other day, but weeds had wedged themselves inbetween the gaps.  Have therefore whipped these out on half of the patio slabs.  The slabs need relaying but that will be sorted as part of this garden sort out in any event as I want my patio table and chairs up on it so that we can sit out of an evening if we want to. Perhaps I should correct that.  I like to sit out in the peace and quiet of an evening on my Todd.  

After attacking this element of the garden, I then went down to the greenhouse where G had, had another go at the Buddleia and also at clearing more of the brambles.  I have got rid of the weeds to the side of the little greenhouse, and have started to clear the pots etc. in front of it.  There is a lot of Ivy here though and that is an absolute thug.  Next door neighbours grew it up their side of the fence.  Not my plant, but looks as though I have got to deal with it.  Slowly little by little we are creeping up the garden and try to weave calm into the chaos of the garden.  I still once it has cleared will have to dig it, as it is a clay soil which is a bit compacted.  Might just have to water a section at a time to make it easier to get the spade or fork in. I suspect it is going to need a lot of muck adding into it.

Then we have to get the other greenhouse up and running.  Once this Ivy corner has been sorted.  The water barrel will go up near the two greenhouses.  G reckons that at some point he is going to attack the forest, hopefully will be able to get my proper greenhouse back to working order.  Fingers crossed.

Just waiting on tea cooking.  Are having Lamb chops, mashed potato, peas, carrots and gravy.  A simple but tasty tea.  I still have a lot of Lamb chops left as well.

I may do the Herb border tonight if I can.  The grape vine needs tying into the fence and possibly trimming in places to stop it getting everywhere that it should not be.  The strings came off and I have some nice strong twine which should do the job.  Whether will get to this tonight or tomorrow am not sure, but it is a job that needs doing.  Also need to get rid of surface weeds and give the plants that are there a bit of a water.  Might take some of the tops off the Mint plants and dry them as well.

Have the small shed to clear out as well.  G will have to help me with that though.

Right am off to have my tea (yes it is late) and then put my feet up.  Have a lot to do tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts