Well the day has certainly gone quickly

 I have had my yearly eyesight appointment where they have carried out the normal testing and I have also paid out for the deeper scan where they take snapshots of the back of your eyeball, so that they can keep tabs on what is going on with the eye.  Having Sjogren's Syndrome (pronounced Show-Grins), can result in eye issues at any time.  As I have very dry eyes anyway as a result of this, I have to use artificial teardrops to keep my eye moisturised and functioning correctly.  As I suspected, I now have distance issues as well as close work issues. I have been having blurred vision occasionally and apparently this is to do with the distance issue changing apparently.  The close work is pretty much the same but I do not see so well into the distance these days.  Please therefore, if you see me and I do not speak,  I am not ignoring you, just not seeing you so please do not take the hump.  I do not see anything really without my glasses these days.

New glasses will be ready next week.  Thankfully I am doing everything else correctly.  Nice Optician who dealt with me.  I was sometime at the shop, being tested, and then having to wait for someone to sort me out with some glasses.  By the time that was all done and dusted, and by the time I got home it was 1:00pm in time for something to eat.

The weather has been grey and I have found it cold today; G does not think it has been particularly cold but my hands have been playing up.  So on has gone on a big cuddly sweatshirt.   We have had the occasional spitting shower. It looks as though the rain is setting in for the evening in any event. There is a slight risk of light showers in the morning at the moment.

As a result of the weather and me feeling chilly, I have kept to the house today and have been doing kitchen things. Hopefully I will be able to get out again tomorrow. I hate being confined. G has been out doing some more trimming, I will therefore have to sort that out first thing, and then carry on where I was when I left off on Monday.  Garden definitely looks a mess at the moment, but if we carry on as we have been it should soon come right.  Getting a load of the Ivy off the fence yesterday was a big achievement in any event.  Still have to remove a load from the ground, but it had the first going over yesterday.  May need several more goings over but it will get there.

My Plants seem to have settled well in the greenhouse.  Definitely need to do some sorting in there tomorrow if I can get to it.

So short and sweet here today, mostly due to my eye appointment earlier on, but hey it is only the depth that varies.  Upwards and onwards.

Catch up tomorrow

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts