A Better Day

 Than yesterday but I am still in some discomfort.  I knew rain was coming.

I attended at the Physio Department, and despite me falling and causing bruising and discomfort to my arm, she is satisfied that I have a little more strength, despite for the past few days not being able to do the exercises.  I shall therefore keep on doing what I have been doing until I see her at the beginning of September. I have a stretch band which she gave me last time which I have been using.  I have been upgraded to the next band for some of the exercises, although I still have some weakness in my upper shoulder when I lift my arm up and there is quite a bit of discomfort.  So will get stuck in again and try and get a bit more mobility there.  I thought perhaps that I had not done enough, but she is very pleased with how I have got on thus far and there is a marked improvement.

As I have said we had rain for most of the night.  I had a good night's sleep and did not want to get up this morning, but there we have it.  Always happens when I go out for the count and have to be up early of a morning.  Mornings are not really my forte.

I have been to the greenhouses and checked everything was okay which it is.  You will laugh at me or with me, but I also checked on the French Beans.  We had our first very small harvest.  Two tiny French Beans which I took off the plant to give it a chance.  There are other beans on the other plants, so fingers crossed that they will come on and grown.  We therefore had one bean each with our tea tonight. It was quite tasty.

We have plenty of beans yet to come by the look of it and the Chillies also seem to be getting a wriggle on.  Salad stuff nearly ready.  Still waiting on lots of other stuff though.  So we shall see what we shall see.

The other day I processed the mint that had been put up for drying on the Dresser.  However, unusually for me I had not hung fresh herbage back up as I normally do straight away.  So today, that was a job that was tackled in readiness for the next batch.  The dried Mint is starting to cream up the glass storage jar and I shall save whatever I can.  

I have also started off some Mint Vinegar for use in Mint sauces.  Later in the week/next week I might even make some of the Long Keeping Mint sauce for the Pantry shelf.  This is something that I do every year.

I have not really done anything today; erring on the side of caution more than anything else. I shall take my time, but I do feel better than yesterday.  I was wiped out and despite not wanting to, I knew I had to rest up.

I just cannot sit still doing nothing and so I have been sorting my desk out which had got into a right shambles.  Shall probably sit again this evening and might drag one of the UFOs out.  Will see how it goes.  Depends whether I can concentrate enough.

Thank you for your good wishes.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts