Today has gone a little better

All quiet on the Western front today thank goodness.  These types of day happen every so often to all of us; but there we are.

It has been a lovely afternoon here, warm the Sun has been out and I have enjoyed pottering.  Himself was asleep and so I left him to it with the Dog and the Cat.

Today:

Garden Stuff

Front Hedge

Has at long last had a hair cut! That took a bit of doing as the Privet had increased in height and width somewhat.  I cannot manage the hedge-cutter but I do the clearing up.  Have to go back out a little later on leaf duty picking up the fiddly bits.  Sweep up and wash the windows. Still a bit more to do on the Cotoneaster and the Holly tree still not touched. We are going to have to do that when few people and traffic are about. Masses of Berries on though.  This leads me to think it is going to be a cold winter.

Greenhouse

Have managed to get out into the greenhouse and get some stuff sorted.

Today have managed to achieve

Getting the Cucumbers re-potted. I started off with six.  Now down to three.  One got broken and two have been had by something.  The other reason for sorting out the first greenhouse. The Cucumbers are for the present still in the first greenhouse but once the stone shed has been sorted out which will hopefully be over the weekend, the Cucumbers can go in with the Peppers as all the tools that are currently in second greenhouse will be transplanted to the stone shed.  In effect there will be a tomato/seedling greenhouse and a Cucumber and Pepper greenhouse.

Getting the smaller Chilli plants re-potted as well including Bert.  That is four Chilli plants that have been re-potted today.  The three other ones are Cayenne.  These are the ones that I use an awful lot of.  I now have very muddy fingernails!

Have also added more compost to the hanging baskets to level things up a bit.

The Mint has already started to root just after a couple of days.

Seeds

Hopefully some more seeds will be set this evening.

Everything has been fed and watered.

Tea

A duplicate meal to what we had yesterday. I was going to make curry, but have decided to get another chicken and do the Curry from this, and maybe also some Coronation Chicken for sandwiches. Will wait and see.

I was also hoping to take part in the #everybitcountschallenge run by Jessica of Three Rivers Homestead, again.  I am not sure that is going to be though.  If I do anything, I may pop the odd post up, but will probably in reality for the best part leave this out this year.  Next year though will be a different kettle of fish!  I enjoyed doing it last year.  It certainly makes you focus.  There will be some preserving going on, once I get myself sorted a bit.  Indeed I had hoped to go foraging this afternoon, but time ran out on me.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Thanks for the advice to try the Lorne sausage while we were in Scotland, they were delicious, wish we could purchase a decent sausage here in Canada. Also tasted haggis for the first time, liked it so much had two meals prepared in different ways. Lots of fish too, I do miss the fish I grew up on, tried to get most of my favourites, and did quite well doing that. Also, guiness, cider and wine, and cannot forget a cream tea. On a diet now Ha ! Ha!

    I did have a lovely vacation, even if the weather didn't cooperate, cannot do anything about what Mother Nature sends our way, just prepare for anything and everything and we did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am glad your holiday was a success and you enjoyed yourselves. Glad you liked the Lorne Sausage and the Haggis. It is a while since we have been to Scotland, hopefully will get there again in the future. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts