A Little Break

 Hello everyone, 

Today started off not too badly no sign of the storm and the weather forecast predicted no wind.  We have had some and the afternoon has been grey, a little wet and dark. Probably we are escaping the worst of the weather although my heart goes out to those who have been badly affected or have lost power supplies etc. 

We are edging ever closer to the dark nights which take effect from November 5th when we put the clocks back.  Even so I intend to make the most of what daylight we have and have decided to work into the evenings to try and get the projects completed that I need to get completed.  Necessary for my peace of mind also.  I tend to hibernate during the winter months as I feel the cold so badly, so I am attempting to get done what I need to get done.

I had a turbulent night's sleep last night hardly sleeping at all with things on my mind, a complete reversal of the night before when I had just crashed, which I have a habit of doing every so often.  Nature forces me to take a break.  As I am still not 100%, I have for a couple of evenings at least decided to have a break from blogging in order that I may focus on the jobs in hand. That means me ploughing on, not doing any crafting, and probably only sitting for an hour before climbing into bed.  I am also trying to drink more water, as well as go to bed a little earlier which also impacts my time on the Internet. There are a lot of jobs that need to be wrapped up and I can only do that if I focus on them correctly.  I am not one to do anything half-hearted as I always aim for the best that I can do on any one day.  I am not perfect and I have my limitations, but I always do things with the best of intent.

I also have a lot of preserving to do.  Fortunately because of the fridge being bottomed out yesterday, all my ingredients are incarcerated in there so that will greatly help in giving me a few day's grace. I shall get to them as quickly as I can and will then have a processing day.  I also need to go to forage, but that will be a day when I just down tools and go when the weather is a little calmer and drier.

One of the drawbacks of doing the dining room before the kitchen is that I am finding lots of equipment I had thought I had lost.  I have an oval roaster which I like to use for roasting a chicken by choice but I have been unable to find the lid.  I have found it today, because I tend to work to a method.  When tidying if things are split up or there is a part of something I tend to bag up and then go back to it so that I can marry things up. There is a method in my madness.  G is a beggar for leaving tools around so if I find them I put them all in a carrier bag and then hand it to him so that he can then put it all back in his tool chest!  I am not doing that!

So please therefore excuse me.  I plan to be only away for a couple of evenings.  I plan to be back for Sunday evening, but if I get a chance will come back before then.

Please take care wherever you are and I will be back soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It had to make you happy to find the lid! My preserving is done. I'll cut my herbs down next week and freeze them, but that is it. We get dark early in Minnesota, after the time change it's dusk by 4:00pm. I like winter, it is a quieting time. Fires, candles and comfort food. Take a rest, get what you can get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't overdo things. I hope you can catch up. You sound so busy with the preserving.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts