I think I spoke too soon

 Today did not go as planned despite a good start.

G ended up sorting out the cabling in the study, which in turn made a mess, which in turn took longer than he thought it would and I just gave up.  It was easier for me just to tidy up behind him and get things sorted to make things moving about a bit easier.  I have some boxes which I intend to pop a load of blankets in.  They are going to get washed in the next few days and then will be packaged away and stored under the bed for when it is colder.  Weather is beginning to turn though and the nights are drawing in.  Very sad have not made it down to Cornwall thus far, but cannot do everything.  Therefore trying to make good use of the time by getting things sorted at the house.  The things we are having to sort need doing whatever happens so am getting stuck in as best as we can.

So despite me not being able to get on I have managed to do quite a bit of planning for the next few days and a new throw has been popped onto the spare bed in the study to keep everything clean and tidy.  I will finish off in here tomorrow morning.  I have the floor to wash again in any event in the study/computer/craft room.  Have laminate flooring down in this room so it is easier to maintain.

We had a home cooked chicken burger in a bun with salad, cheese and onion this evening and it went down an absolute treat. Unusually I ate the lot and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Long time since have done anything like that.

This evening I have a lot of recipes to file in my home binder. Ones that I am going to be using for preserving food for the Pantry in the next few weeks.  I have found a few recipes which potentially will work very well for us including veggies, soups, pie fillings, sauces. I have decided to work in bulk with ingredients batch cooking a particular item either two or three ways, but there will be more about that in due course.  I also thought it might be a way of making better use of the Veg shop and also the Layby chap we go to and it will also help keep costs to a minimum which is a priority in any event.  The new seasons autumn veg will soon start to arrive and I want to take advantage of this where I can especially pumpkin and squash.

Right, sorry its short and sweet have quite a bit to accomplish.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts