What a Dismal Day

Today started for me by being greeted by a couple of Habanero chillies waiting for me on my keyboard. G had been down to the greenhouse to check everything okay.  I think he is only going down to see if Bert his pet chilli has ripened  up a bit.  Apparently there are loads more flowers on the plant but no more Habaneros ready at the moment.  The Cayenne are doing well but need to colour up.


They are now drying on the Dresser.  Sorry could not get them in on one shot.





It has been grey and raining - we need the rain but the grey.  Could there not be a more cheerful colour!  Moan over. Despite me wanting to play in the kitchen.  Today I have tried to be good especially after four days of not being able to do much.  I wanted to be preserving!  It will come.  In the meantime, I am gradually reclaiming jars.  Am particularly after the Dill Pickle jars as they are going to be ideal for processing soup.  I have found about six so far.  I do need quite a few more as I have quite a few plans to put food in the Pantry that is not going to cost an arm and a leg, but potentially which in effect could put up my veggies for the month and save a lot of energy in the process as well as ensure that we have food when we need it.

A very busy day here in that I have been stripping out the bedroom and giving it a blooming good clean out.  Now maybe am going to be putting the mockers on it, but I would say even a tad organised.  Please do not die of shock.  It had to happen at some time.

Needless to say my back is absolutely killing me.

I have given everywhere a good clean up even my sewing machines, and I hope to be able to get to be doing stuff with these soon.  I have a stack of projects as usual but now the nights are drawing in, I need something to keep me occupied not that I am ever really bored.  I can always keep myself occupied quite happily.  Now I need to return to the UFO pile which has been sadly neglected.

We have had chicken for tea this evening, which has gone down very nicely.

Am now going to get on a bit more as I am trying to get it finished for tonight without going into tomorrow. I have stuff to do in the kitchen tomorrow which I am not going to enjoy at all.  However, needs to be done.

One down, another one to go.  Now to try and keep things tidy.  Trying to develop a new routine which is a bit hit and miss at the moment, hopefully will get there in the end.

Hope you all have a lovely evening.

From a very dark and wet Peterborough.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

PS Will get back on comments as soon as I can. Have a slight tech issue. Hopefully will be resolved soon.

PP


Comments

  1. Good for you on the cleaning. I'm slowly working through my own neglect. I also have back problems. It can knock person off their feet. Any food we can produce for ourselves in money in the pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts