An Unexpected Trip

This morning weather was not too bad, a bit grey but reasonable.  As the day has gone on though Peterborough has become decidedly soggy.  However before the day properly started we had an unexpected trip to our local Italian store to top up with a few things.  I am quite fond of roasted mixed veg served with Italian sausages which makes a lovely meal in its own right, plus it is quick with minimal washing up.  I have been craving these for the past few days.  Last week it was fish and chips. Possibly because they are more a treat these days rather than a regular happening due to the increase in the cost of living.



We also came away with three double bottles of passata sauce (I will recycle the bottles in due course).  Two bottles are by my favourite company  (Mutti) and cost £2.10 a bottle (but this works out cheaper than at the supermarkets plus they are double the size of the one's available there and boy do they taste good.  




I am also trialling an Italian version that was £1.50 a bottle just slightly less tall than the others.  




I am quite fond of Italian food at the best of times.  We also came away with a load of Mozzarella and Pepperoni. Pasta - three different kinds including a soup version, some Cannelloni tubes and another shaped pasta, and a jar of Anchovies.







So only a small amount purchased, still adds up though. but I will make it go a long way.  I like to add a bit of pasta, lentils, pearl barley or dried peas to soups or stews.

Tonight with have some pick n dip more party food, prawns in filo, Bhajees and some veggie Spring rolls together with some other pick n mix items.  They have gone down really well being as neither of us were really hungry.  It is what it is though.  

Tomorrow we are having homemade Pizza with a selection of toppings.

Sunday we are having a Lamb steak dinner with all the trimmings.

Monday Italian Sausages with roasted mixed vegetables.

So at least we know what we are having in the next few days.

Since coming home, I have been stuck in the kitchen, listening to the radio and giving the cooker a really good strip down and wash. The screwdriver has been out and the panes of glass have also had a good seeing too. So a thorough bottoming out.  It is starting to look all shiny again which is a good thing considering all the hard work that has gone into cleaning it.  Once this has all been done I shall then carry on with the rest of the kitchen.  I have yet to strip the chip pan out and get that all spotless too.  However, I am not tackling that today.  My shoulder is giving me a little bit of discomfort with all the rubbing, and so I intend to get sat down again this evening.  Still have not located my magnifier.  Haven't got a clue where it is, but its not where I thought I had left it. Unfortunately for such close work I do need it as my eyesight is not what it was.  I now need reading glasses most of the time, plus I need them for distance as well now.  I intend to keep an "eye" on the situation in any event.

I am now shattered, have my final cup of tea for the evening and am now going to put my feet up.  I am getting twitchy though as I feel as though I need to be doing something.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts