Catching Up

Monday Evening

What a rough night it was here in Peterborough, the heavens opened  up and washed the earth, there was continuous rolling thunder for at least five hours.

Tuesday

Today has been a lot quieter.  Although my muscles are hurting somewhat from yesterday's physio.  Have therefore had a steady day with not much being accomplished.

Brunch was had, so much so I could not fancy much to eat for this evening's tea.  So we had a cheese and onion sarnie instead!  Hopefully things will sort themselves out a bit tomorrow.  I feel as though I am in the twilight zone at the moment.

Have sat and not done anything this evening apart from starting to knit myself some wrist warmers and shall have an early night tonight. It is needed.



This is the right hand mitt.  Have to duplicate this for the left hand and then I will have a pair of fingerless wrist warmers.  This is a test pair and am quite chuffed with how they have knitted up.  I normally have problems with my casting on which tends to be a little higgledy-piggledy at times.  The pattern specified using a smaller needle size for the rib and it has come up a lot neater than usual.  So maybe this is the way for me to go when casting on by using a size smaller needle.

The pattern I used is from the Internet and the link is here:

Taffy Lass Knits 

Fingerless Mitts Pattern Taffy Lass Knits

Wednesday

Has been a general pottering day.  I have been back in the kitchen and have been clearing the doorway area down and shifting stuff into the dining room.  I have to scrub the walls down and then that part of the kitchen will be complete.

Then into the middle part of the kitchen including the oven which needs stripping down.

I have dealt with a load more washing today though and got it out on the line and dried.  Will have more to do tomorrow.  I am meeting a good friend though in the morning so that will be later on in the day.

Tea tonight has been hot spicy chicken wings for G and I have had half a Peking Duck with pancakes, cucumber and spring onions with Hoisin sauce.  One of my favourites.  It has gone down very nicely.

Off to wash my hands, put my feet up and set about the second fingerless mitten for the set.  Need to get this finished and sewn up this evening.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Popular Posts