A quiet couple of days

Things are progressing with the kitchen but still a way to go.  More of an update tomorrow.

I have a new preserving recipe I am trying out tomorrow, more on that during the week as well.

Otherwise it has been a quiet couple of days.  Weather not been good and I seize up and my hands go blue when my body considers it is cold which they have been doing for the past few days even with the heating on.  Mornings are always the worst and the middle of the afternoon when the temperature starts to drop.  A bit like the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz, apart from the fact I click rather than squeak!

I had to go and top up on some green veg broccoli, cauliflower, petit-pois earlier on. I also came away with two largish pumpkins which had been reduced to 25p each. Ghost pumpkins. Will see how we get on with them. They will get processed this week into chunks and/or soup for the Pantry shelf along with some other veg I have.  Better on the Pantry shelf than going to waste.  I also came away with a bag of mixed frozen fruit which is needed for the preserve I am making tomorrow.  I hope to get another couple of bags in the coming weeks to make other useful items for the Pantry shelf. I have plans on this front for some simple but useful makes.

Also in hand are pickled onions and shallots.  Hopefully will get one batch started tomorrow and set to brine with the second batch being started on Tuesday.  The first batch will be  finished on Tuesday and the second batch on Wednesday.  That is the plan in any event.

Sunday we had a roast chicken with roast potatoes, roast onion, bit of garlic in there too, mashed potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, petit-pois and carrots.  A veritable feast.  Potentially there is another full meal for tomorrow evening if he fancies it, otherwise will turn the remaining meat into a stew and pop any veggies leftover in as well.  Will provide a warming meal one way or another. I will also make stock with the carcass. I have another stew to start off another Beef and onion stew at some point tomorrow as well, so that there is plenty of hot food available just for the sake of a warm  up which will not take much energy and be a quick tea.

I may have to have a soup making session as well, also to process for the Pantry shelf.  Will see what I can come up with once I have a good look at what veggies I actually have in the fridge.  Might have to get a little creative.  Fridge needs sorting out anyway so a good time to see what I actually have in and need to use up.

Also have a Gammon which needs soaking and then cooking.  Will then make stock from the leftover liquid and process that for the Pantry shelf.

There is a lot to do this week on the cooking front in any event as I did not do much cooking last week.  More work was carried out, alas, I still have plenty of work to do in the house.  Will see how we get on. Update on the kitchen coming tomorrow.

Keep well and safe.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. You will be busy! That you are making progress is what counts. It doesn't matter much if it takes longer if it's getting done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts