Heirloom Hexagon Quilt Progress Report 22 January 2024 to 28 January 2024 Report One




Now this quilt will be honest, and will contain mistakes, but that happens when you learn on the job but  most of all it will be made from the heart.

Monday 22 January 2024

Did not get set down until 8:00pm and started tacking some of the pale blue patches.  It is a long time since I have actually done this.  I am slowly finding the best way for me - someone who is naturally cack-handed I am slowly finding my way of tacking the patches and checking on my templates as I go along to make sure that they are pretty even. This quilt is very much a learning curve for me, but oh so much love is being poured into it.  It is going to be the perfect companion to some of my vintage bedding which I have been collecting for many years with a view to some of it being put back into use again with some adjustments.

Time started: 8pm

Time finished: 11:30

Total time engaged 2 hours 30 minutes

Total patches tacked: 29



_________________________________________________

Tuesday 23 January 2024

Time started: 7:30pm.

Time finished: 9:30pm

Total time engaged: 2 hours

Total patches tacked: 20

Starting to work with the pretty lilac floral fabric.




_________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 January 2024

Time started:  8:30pm

Total time engaged: 1.5 hours

Total patches tacked/stitched: 

Sewing up the first of the pretty Lilac floral fabric into a 7 patch medallion.  Will probably be another one of these "discs" and then a couple of single centrepiece ones.  Sadly have been unable to locate any more of this fabric in my stash bag.  Fingers crossed I might find some more in due course.





_________________________________________________

Thursday 25 January 2024

Nothing achieved due to being focused on something else.

_____________________________________

Friday 26 January 2024

Nothing achieved  due to other projects.

_____________________________________

Saturday 27 January 2024

Nothing achieved due to being in the kitchen

_____________________________________

Sunday 28 January 2024

Time started: 5:30pm

Time finished: 6:30pm and then another two hours later on.

Total time engaged: 3 hour

Total patches tacked/stitched: 

Cut 16 more patches today in readiness for tacking them up.  I love the colour of this spotty fabric and even though at the moment I do not have this particular colour in the quilt, I am being drawn to add this in.  Love the richness of the colour al lovely rich purple-blue.  It may go well with some other fabric I have in mind to use so will see how it goes.  That fabric has some purple-blue pansies on it.



Pleased with the progress made thus far even though would really have liked to have done more.  With everything else going on in the house at the moment.  I really am enjoying working this even though I am not very far along.  It is an ideal pick up - put down project.  Like everything else slow steps to start with and hopefully it will build into something really lovely.

I am hoping to tack up the purple-blue patches this evening.

I would also mention that I have not got to the main stash of fabrics as yet which are mostly pinks, lilac, mauve and a touch of blue oh and cream.  They will put in an appearance in due course.  Have started off with the scrap bag first of all.

At least I got some work on it done.  If can continue like this that would really please me.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Loads of fabric to work on yet, sort of doing in tranches at the moment. xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts