What a horrible day

Cold, grey and damp with lots of rain and wind!  Not my favourite weather at the best of times and I have kept to the house as despite my best intentions it has not been a good day.  Everything has stiffened up and stopped play a bit and I have had quite a bit of discomfort and I overslept.  Sleepless or disturbed nights sleep are not good for anyone but particularly seem to upset me.  I had anticipated doing some work in preparation for the Pantry being sorted.  However that has not happened.  I have allowed myself a month to get this sorted, but as far as I am concerned the quicker I can get on with things the better.  I have other things going on in the mix as well and am planning and plotting on top of that.

There have been things going on in the kitchen but more of that will come in due course under a series of articles under the heading "Kitchen Capers". I would point out that I am working a day behind on this.  I am attempting to make the most of what comes my way and have been doing quite a bit of processing.  There is a lot more to come as we go along although some of them will have to wait as I need to get some more sugar.

I have also sorted the Beef out in readiness for further meals; yet again using ingredients that I have to hand.  There is still quite a bit of Beef left over and there are a couple of meals to use this up to take us to probably Thursday evening.  More on those as they happen as I do have a habit of changing my mind or G does not fancy what is being offered for tea.  Tonight though it is quite a simple tea on the basis that we have had two really big meals two nights running and in reality I do not fancy much to eat in any event.  We are just having a cheese and pate sarnie or pate with hot buttered toast (this is one of my favourites) and I do have some to use up.

I have however sorted out the gravy that was left from the Beef for use later on in the week probably with a soup.

Will see how it goes but I am hoping to do a little bit of baking tomorrow along with everything else that I am going to tackle.  Trying to focus and concentrate without overloading myself.

I am sorry that by its very nature tonight's post is short and sweet.  I have to go and locate some jars and lids for processing some stock and get that underway.  It is not therefore going to be an early sit down for me this evening.  Are any of you getting stuck in and prepping stuff for your household this year during the quieter months.  Would love to hear what you are up to.

Hope everyone has a lovely evening.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts