Front Bedroom and Finding UFOs and finished pieces Part Two

 I have found loads of my craft magazines.  I am going to try and get some boxes sorted and then start stacking like magazines with like.  I have many beautiful embroidery and cross stitch and other craft charts and instructions in these magazines which I do not want to get rid of.  I therefore need to sort out those magazines I wish to keep long term. I think I am going to need some wooden magazine holders to store them long term.  Card ones are not sturdy enough.

Storage Tins

I have found a few of my cake storage tins.  In reality these are used at Christmas, but this lot have been missing for a little while. There are the Tartan ones, and the Angel ones and the Santa ones.  Fortunately they stack in each other and so I am hoping to find a space in the Pantry probably on the top shelf for storing these.  Will see what I can do; may have to go somewhere else at the end of the day, but will work it out.



I like to have these sorts of tins especially for Christmas as I can in effect make cakes or sweeties and then leave them on the table in their tin so everyone can help themselves.

Always worth looking out for sweetie tins etc in the Charity shops through the year.  I have also found one of my musical biscuit tins.  I tend to just put sweeties in these though with wrappers on so that I preserve the integrity of the tin.

Needlepoint Sampler and Cushion

I have also found a Needlework Sampler that I have hardly done anything on apart from get it strung on its frame and worked part of one tiny line on it.  Possibly because I bought the canvas on its own without any wools and I have been using the wools I had in house for this.  Will need to check on what I have to see if I have enough wools to complete this.  This may go on the back burner for a while although it is a project I want to get on with during the course of time.

I also have a cross stitch Sampler cushion pattern that I want to work as well.  It is a pattern from a cross-stitch part work I purchased a few years ago now.  I have the fabric and intend to use some of the stash of threads I already have in house.

Stash of worked Needlepoint

There is also the stash of worked Needlepoint projects.  The majority of them are destined for cushion covers.

There are two with Butterflies on.  Shown here one of only.  The other is somewhere else.



Two with Poppies on.



Two with Roses (one is still on the frame being worked) [first photo pattern]





One with Pansies on



Bag of New Kits and Mixed Projects

I also found a bag with a load of new kits in that I have not touched so far.  Quite a lot of lovely kits there as well, and I know that there is another stash somewhere else.  Well I have been crafting for over 40 years so there are a lot of projects to choose from.  Feasibly I will never work them all, but once I have more space to play with I will work out which ones I want to keep.  That will happen at a later stage though.

A cushion panel worked in wool.  One of two that I have.  Think this is known as Bargello work.

A pre-printed small tea table cloth to be embroidered.  If I remember rightly I have two of these to deal with.




Poppies.  Forever one of my favourite subjects.  I have vintage Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady wallpaper and am hoping to decorate the dining room with this.  This wallpaper traditionally features Poppies as part of the central design.  I have already shown two needlepoint panels which are going to be turned into cushion covers for this room.  This embroidery though will be a picture for the wall.


An embroidered bed pillow/cushion.  I have about three different designs by the same company to work.


A combination of cross stitch with highlighted areas.  Destined to be a wall picture for my bedroom.



Noah's Ark

Cross stitch panel.  Eventually once worked destined to be part of a gallery wall with some of my Samplers, etc.  Really love the charm of this one.


A small silhouette picture one of two.


Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady table napkins.


This one is all cross stitch.  I love Geese and Ducks.


Another pre-printed small table cloth.  Yet again one of two.


A cross stitch kit brought by a friend.


Destined for the Little Room at some point.


Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady napkins.  This time a different design.


A Crewel work embroidery bought over 40 years ago along the same time as my Traditional Cross Stitch sampler I am working.



A Cross stitch Owl. I love Owls.


There is a lot to go at here and this is only one bag.  There are others around!

I am off into the Pantry now - hence this early post.  I cannot get everything in there but I can start to get some stuff in there.  The wooden shelves are still a little tacky and so they may have to be filled tomorrow.  At least I can start.

Been a thoroughly howling, groaning wind today that is on the chilly side.

Keep safe and warm wherever you are.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x




































































Comments

  1. You do beautiful needle work. Enjoy the start of getting your pantry put together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandra, you made me blush. I keep persevering with it. I like needlepoint and a lot of other crafts as it is a time when I get to relax and play. Pantry is coming along slowly. Like playing Jenga with jars !xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts