A little more work

G has been in the kitchen again today. I in turn have kept out of the way. The wall down the side of the cooker, has now been painted as has the radiator.  It is going to have to have a few more coats of paint, but already is looking much better. 

He has also taken down one of the racks by the side of the Dishwasher for hanging pans on.  One of them had been up for a while, but what we had not realised was that it was lop-sided.  Think he had too much Gin last time.  In any event he has taken it down and patched it up; now waiting for it to dry and then he will attempt to put the rack up in the right position probably tomorrow.  Will keep the Gin out of the way!

Our bathroom is on the ground floor off of the kitchen.  The  bathroom door has been a little difficult to open and shut and sticking.  G has as a result also taken that off of its pins, and has some work to do on that.  Yet again I think that will be happening tomorrow.  He previously set about the Pantry door in this manner and also the dining room door into the hallway.  It will all come together eventually.

My little trolley that I keep moving around in the kitchen, and which is terribly helpful to me, really needs checking out as it is a bit wobbly.  Think it needs a little checking over and a little TLC from a screwdriver to make it easier to move around.  I have found this very useful when prepping stuff for cooking and would not be without it now. Indeed, I am looking to try and get hold of another one for the dining room with a view to popping the Coffee machine on it.

I have had more laundry to deal with today and to get dried.  Still not at the end of it and no doubt it will go on well into tomorrow as well.  I also sorted out a pile of more washing from the front bedroom last night as I started pottering in there.  As I have mentioned before when I have a few moments I am going into the bedroom and doing little bits in there when time affords.  Now the much lighter nights are arriving I see this happening more and more until I get everything sorted and under control in there/indeed the whole house.  I am keen on getting what I can get done in the house and garden this year as if we get an opportunity to get down to the caravan I want to be able to take it although that is not looking promising at the moment so may as well get something done in the interim.

Thinking on my re-evaluation plans further after yesterday's post everything washed and dried, will need to be ironed during the week and then put away in the relevant wardrobe, cupboard or drawers.  I do have plenty of coat hangers to keep me going, but this is another tidy up exercise in its own right. It will be good to get this all sorted out and organised at long last, but getting the ironing done is going to be very bitty to start with due to other things that are going on alongside everything else.

Tea tonight has been a late meal.  We ended up with having fried chicken breasts with coleslaw and baked potato (with the obligatory serving of chilli sauce).  It went down very nicely served with some bread and butter.  We then had some Strawberry Angel Delight for pudding.  Terribly simple, but it was just what was needed.  Not sure what we are eating tomorrow though.  Going to have to go through the fridge.  I do need to go to the Greengrocer though as I am now out of eggs.  Hopefully they will have some in when I pop by tomorrow.  If not will just go back on Tuesday afternoon when they have their delivery.

Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend and a lovely evening.  Two weeks until Easter.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts