Catch up on Friday and Plans for Saturday

 G went shopping on his own and came back with various things to eat over the next few days.  Our appetites are still not back to normal and so I am trying to keep to simpler meals and am cutting back a little more on serving sizes just a little.  However we are a little low on choice as to what to eat as a result.

For Friday night's tea he came home with a curry which we have obviously had.  

For Saturday night's tea we are going to have Toad in the Hole with a bit of mashed potato and some veggies and onion gravy.  There will probably be some fruit or a pudding to follow.

As we had Lamb last weekend (I normally have a Leg of Lamb on Easter Sunday), but as G misunderstood we ended up with it last week.  Very nice it was too.  We therefore are having a roast chicken this Easter Sunday.  I shall be doing roasties etc. to accompany.

He also came back with Crumpets, some of the Starbucks Caramel coffees that I like.  We had run out of butter so several packs of that also came home.  All basic stuff that is used on a regular basis. Milk and bread was sourced earlier in the week.  I do not like the margarine spreads and tend to just use butter which is why our usage tends to be up there a little bit.

He also bought home some cream which I also need for some baking on Saturday namely a homemade Cheesecake and also a Chocolate Refrigerator cake.  However I am going to need some more as unfortunately what he bought home is not enough,  Banana Bread is also on the cards as are some Flapjacks and Scones.  I also have plans to make a Flan base for jelly and fruit. This is a homemade version of a shop bought flan case. A couple of jellies are also going to be made one just plain and the other with a little cream added to make an Orange Mousse. Both to be used in the flan with some Mandarin Oranges.  If I can get some Puff pastry there might be some Miellefleuire slices as well and maybe a quiche.  That should keep us going for a few days.  In reality I will probably not get all the baking done today but at least as some is out of the way with and we have something to nibble on later on that will be okay.  Lots to do as usual.

Catch up later in the day.

Pattypan

x

There is also a Gammon to cook

Comments

  1. Wow! That is a lot of baking! I managed to reorganize and clean my fridge and freezer compartment today and do some cooking for the week ahead so I am pleased about that. I had good intentions of doing some baking but I've run out of steam so I will be spending the rest of the day on the couch, reading and watching the baseball game. Have a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margie, it was and I have lost a lot of the photos I took. Not a happy bunny. Have been trying to get my crafting room in order though xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts