Monday Rumblings

 Most days start off with a cooked breakfast of some sort or the other.  Today G has had bacon, Hash Browns, eggs and mushrooms to start his day off. Me, well I am quite happy with simpler things like yogurt and fruit, or wholemeal toast with some homemade Victoria Plum jam on to start my day. Indeed G had to pay a visit to the veg shop as we had run out of eggs.  He forewarned the owners that I would be on my way later on to have a look around and they laughed and intimated that it might be better for going tomorrow as they will have new stock for tomorrow as they had sent one of the brothers (who does most of the buying) shopping.  In any event despite the best of intentions I did not get the opportunity to pop over to see what they had. I have been in the kitchen, cleaning, tidying, re-arranging, re-organising this afternoon all to the gentle background noise of the radio and the occasional whirring of the washing machine

I have carried on with the laundry again today and managed to get some of it out on the line for a change.  Also I have been in the kitchen working as G needs to go in but it will be tomorrow before he is allowed in as I have some moving around of stuff to do for him to get in properly.  The only thing he has done in there today is to hang up my hanging rack so that it is not off-piste!  It is needed for my smaller saucepans.  The one over the cooker, I always keep a whistling kettle on.  When we first moved here 37 years ago, the electric went and we did not have access to a hot drink.  The cooker has since been changed to gas and so I have a whistling kettle easily accessible just in case. There are also sieves, strainers, a grater and a colander there.  The equipment used most during my cooking exploits.  I had had my saucepans in the cupboard but you have to do a bit of a wrestling act to get them out so it will be easier for the smaller pans at least to be up on the wall.  The steamers are still in the cupboard as they are bulkier.  I also have some various sized heavy duty cake pans to pop away and I am hoping I will be able to get them in the cupboard where I have taken the saucepans from.

To tell the truth it has been nice to see the bright spot in the sky after so many days of being absent. Although I have felt it to be a tad chilly today the Sun does brighten things up a bit. These earlier lighter mornings and definitely the lighter evenings are spurring me on to do things a little later into the evening than I would normally do as well.  I am planning on taking advantage of the lighter nights to potter in the kitchen on my own in an effort to move things on that little bit further.

One thing I am hoping to get sorted in the kitchen is to have a socket panel put up near to where my Microwave and my small Electric cooker are located.  I cannot use them easily because of the lack of the socket and so I am hoping that G will be able to run one to where they are from an existing socket.  It would make my life a lot easier overall. Especially with the Microwave or when I only have a small amount of stuff to cook. The Electric cooker has a Rotisserie in it as well which is ideal for Rotisserie Chicken which is lovely to eat or indeed a small piece of Beef or Pork. Fingers crossed that he can come up with something that is safe and that I will not trip over.

I think in the next few days the old Tumble Drier will be removed from the bathroom as well.  That should make things a lot easier.

Once the kitchen is all sorted I will then be able to start on the ironing pile.  I normally iron in the kitchen or just inside the dining room where it gives me space to whip through stuff.

Tea, well we ate well again last night with the chicken, but neither of us are much fussed today (especially after G had a big cooked breakfast).  Chief Cook and Bottle Washer me.

So tea will sort itself out at some point later on.  Me back into the kitchen on my todd to get things moved on a bit more and to do some more washing and drying as well.

Have a lovely one.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

P.S. Thanks for the comments will get back shortly x

Comments

Popular Posts