Re-evaluation

Today has been a day to look around to see what has been accomplished in the last few days and although not major strides, we are continuing to move forward.  We therefore need to see where we need to move forward this week.  There are several things I am looking to accomplish this week.  Certainly by the end of the week I want the kitchen painted out, completed tidied and put back together again.  In the interim I have some other work to do to try and achieve this.  The Pantry is still tidy although not fully sorted.  I need to expand into the under-stair cupboard and the fireside cupboard to accomplish this, but everything is easily to hand and sorted for the best part.

After the kitchen has been completed, then the bathroom will be the next thing on the list.  The old Tumble Dryer needs to come out of the bathroom but before that happens I have to remove some other stuff from in there. This consists of additional kitchen equipment which does not have a home, but which will be going into the dining room in the first instance. It will have a home by the time I have finished.

The ironing pile will be be removed last a bit at a time. That needs sorting so that all the items that do not belong in there are removed to make working on painting the bathroom easier for G to accomplish. I certainly do not want paint on clothes and linen.  So it looks as though I am going to be ironing for a few days.  Self-inflicted, but at least with ironing it and getting it all sorted will be able to sort out that which is no longer required and that which needs to go into the wardrobes, drawers and cupboards.  Getting that out the way with will tidy things up a bit more.

Whilst G is in the bathroom, I will be in the dining room doing further sorting of items.  This room is the walk through room so does tend to get cluttered with putting things down etc.  This is likely to be ongoing until I have the front room sorted out as well and probably beyond that.  There are lots of books to go back on shelves in there, which will also tidy things up an awful lot.  I have never been and I do not think that I ever could be a minimalist.  It is not part of who I am.  

Whatever happens the house has got to be tidied and sorted.  My hope is that once it is fully completed (and yes one day it will), I will then be able to start fine-tuning those items I do or do not require or replace them with something more suitable. However, I am not just trying to sort everything out I am also trying to make things easier to do overall in the house and as a lot of it falls to me, it has to be accessible.  The dining room will be decorated though after the bathroom, as I have the wallpaper for it and what is in there is mostly in boxes and can be moved around in any event.

More washing and drying has been done today.  I have managed to get quite a lot of washing done and out of the way with.  Still have a stack more to do including the catch up pile from the front bedroom.  Hopefully we will get some dryer days so that the washing can go out on the line.

I did manage to do a little more patchwork last night, both cutting out pieces and then starting to tack them.  They will build up before long and then hopefully will be able to have a concerted sewing together session.  Small steps, but hopefully building up into something more substantial.

We have had sarnies for tea this evening.  G not keen on Salmon which I love, so he has had cheese and onion.  Gone down very nicely.  Some days just do not want to eat usually after a big meal the night before.

Hope everyone is keeping well, and has a lovely evening.  Me, well I shall keep plodding on doing a little bit here and a little bit there but I am determined to bring this house back to being organised again.  Still have loads to do though.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Im decluttering our kitchen and I am being ruthless this time!! I have done all the top cupboards so now have to get the bottom ones sorted. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catriona, tis the season for a good spring clean. Glad you are doing well. Mine is still ongoing. Take care Tricia x

      Delete
  2. I spent last week cleaning the front of the house. Everything is in good order there. Not so much the back. This week that is on my agenda. Then, after everything is put away and tidied and will do the deeper cleaning. It really does come down to one step at a time. You are accomplishing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, thank you for your encouragement as usual. Some days are good and some not so good. I am trying desperately not to get derailed. Think will have to regroup and start again carrying on from where I got to. You know am cussed and do not give in easily. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. I am decluttering my kitchen too. It must be the season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debby, it is indeed. I am still decluttering although today have not been into the kitchen. Am sorting out a large cupboard of contents that OH fished out the other day. Hope your decluttering comes to an end soon. Mine is forever ongoing at the moment. Take care Tricia x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts