Today has been by its very nature

 a relaxed one.  I have things to do tomorrow but today I just could not be bothered or settle to do something. I have cooked our tea.  We have had a lovely piece of roasted loin pork and I have a lot of Pork dripping out of it too for roasties for the next couple of weeks at least.  We have had served with veggies tonight and it has been lovely.  We have at least a couple of nights of meals out of this lovely piece of pork.  Also sarnies too if wanted.



And the Pork Dripping - a big bowl full.


It has been another cold day here.  It is the cold that seriously causes me more problems than anything else as everything stiffens up.  Hence me choosing to have a couple of hot water bottles at the moment in bed, one for my Tootsies and one for my shoulder.  Perhaps a little unconventional but I take the view that whilst it is working for me then I will continue to do this.

In reality a lot of my medical conditions are down to genetic predisposition and a long history of issues within both the paternal and maternal families.  Arthritis is present on both sides, and I have both Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis as well as a host of other auto immune issues; i.e. conditions where the body attacks itself.  Managing one condition is bad enough but managing several and you are not sure which one is kicking off as they all have similar symptoms is a proper minefield and sometimes I feel as though I am sinking fast and where is that blinking life jacket.  At the end of the day I consider myself lucky.  These things are sent to try us.  For the best part despite occasional off times, I try and be positive no matter what.

Over the past 15 years of back issues I have found it is best to keep moving wherever possible. I can only tell you how I have dealt with things and the things that I have tried to ease my way along.  Doctors will prescribe medications and give  you a diagnosis.  However the actual finding balance is down to trial and error and something each of us has to do things to try and work out what is best for ourselves.  I have issues but that does not mean they have to define who I am. They are like luggage labels, give things a name, but eventually fall off the luggage. I have never been just a label! I do not give in easily and I have no intention of doing so just yet thank you very much.

So a lazy quiet day for me, but will no doubt be back in the fray again tomorrow.  I have a lot of work to do.  Fingers crossed I will be able to get on well tomorrow.  That is my intention in any event.

Might sort a few more things from the bedroom again tonight.  Just to do a little bit of something.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts