Trouble with Internet

Today on both Facebook, Messenger and Instagram.  Not good at all especially according to the News it would appear to be a Worldwide Outage.

Is it was it a Cyber attack maybe or just someone pulled a plug somewhere.  On reading further reports it would appear to be a blip on the login function across the board.

Real life is suddenly part of what years ago was Sci Fi stories.  Whenever did that happen!  Or is it down to the marked use of AI in the running of such programmes and facilities.  Lets be honest, most of us  (not all I appreciate) tend to use some form of technology these days.  Some of it I find useful some of it an absolute and complete pain especially when the computer does not react or do what it is suggested it should do.  I am not computer illiterate having used it in my work for many years, but I have never had complete faith in just relying on computers.  You always need a hard copy in my experience.  And then there is the fact that the Banks want to get rid of cash completely and just use cards as a replacement.  However in my experience brass in pocket tends to have more bargaining power especially when or if there is a SHTF issue.  

We also need the capacity to be able to do things both manually and with the computer.  Coming from an age of where you kept paperwork I am finding it very hard to get my head around the "paperless community". I think it is heading for a strong nose-dive somewhere down the line.  Once upon a time, did you know that the use of a photocopier was not classed as a true copy and it took many years for the Courts to allow the use of said copies.  A timeline away now as copies and computers are now an integral part of the systems in place for handling such judicial matters.

Aw well that's the blip for today then.  Me I think I am just a born out Luddite.  I like to dot my i's and cross my "T"s and make sure that there is always a paper trail.

Today has been a pottering in the kitchen day.  Swift progress has not been made, and the banana bread maybe tomorrow now.  A fair amount of tidying has been accomplished overall though.  Still not out of the wood pile yet, but it is gently moving forwards.  G has been in with his paint brush a little bit more as well.  

Tea was a duplicate of yesterday.  That is now everything used up from the Pork and the veggies.

I have some Lamb chops and also a Gammon to cook.  I have a fancy for some Italian sausages at the moment with some mixed roasted veggies.  I will need to go shopping for both and a selection of veggies as I have now used up most of what I had to hand.

The Sloe and Crab Apple jelly is going to be made again this year if I can get hold of the Sloes that is, well and the Crab apples.  Makes a nice change and I have ideas for so many uses in my cooking.  As usual had sat on trying this due to my attention being elsewhere occupied.  Hopefully when the cupboard under the stairs and the Fireside cupboard are also sorted out, I will be able to locate things a lot more easily.

It has been a cold and miserable day here again.  Looks as though might be a little warmer tomorrow.  Hope so as washing needs drying.

Right am off to potter.

Have a lovely evening.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts