You know you are getting a little long in the tooth

 .....when you are looking forward to new programmes on the TV and are quite happy to curl up of an evening.  This evening at 8pm on Drama The Marlow Murder Club starts.  Looks quite promising and has Samantha Bond in the lead.  So quite looking forward to putting up my feet and getting into this tonight.  G and I do not agree on programmes and I miss a lot of programmes as a result unless I can find them on a catch up service somewhere along the line.  Thing is I like stories, in all their formats.  I love books and have a whole stack to read which have not been touched yet.  Trouble is if I get my head in a book or books I become even more anti-social as I really get into the story lines. Love Agatha Christie books and indeed have a vellum bound collection of those somewhere.  Think they are in the storage unit.  They really need to be in the front room on the bookshelves with all the other classics I have as well.  I was always taught that if you have a book you have a friend and as I have for the best part  of my life been a loner, this suits me a lot of the time.  I am not a social animal often feeling under the spot light and very uncomfortable in social situations unless I really know people extremely well. I also find that there is a certain type of social bullying in these situations that I just do not need in my life.  

As well as Agatha Christie books and films I also like Father Brown, Sister Boniface Mysteries, The Bletchley Circle, The Darling Buds of May, All Creatures Great and Small, Call the Midwife, The Pillars of the Earth, Anything Kate Mosse, particularly love her earlier books Labyrinth, Sepulchre, Citadel, The City of Tears, the Burning Chamber.  Anything by C J Sansom (I still have a few to read and a few more to buy).  There are plenty of others too.  Really I just like to curl up with a book or a film or video and just lose myself from reality for a few hours.  Safe haven and keeps me sane that and music both classical, vintage and everything.

Well that's me up off my hand and knees after sorting the Pet area out.  Now to sort out something to eat.  Think it is going to be "Iffit Pie" tonight (i.e. "If it goes around you will be getting some").

Have a lovely evening everyone.  Far lighter tonight than it has been, gives hope for days to come for to find the joy in each and every day and to make the most of what comes to us.

If I can find my cutting board I might actually try and do a bit of patchwork as well.  

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

UPDATE:

PS  I watched the Marlow Murder Club and its pace is quite different to what you would expect from the writer of Death in Paradise.  Quite clever, and to start with comes over a little more stilted, but we are dealing with a person of precision in the form of Judith Potts (Played by Samantha Bond) in a previous life who was an Archaeologist and the way the lives of the Vicar's wife and the local Dog Walker weave in together. The more the programme proceeds the more the characters gel together.  I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the final part tomorrow evening also at 8:00pm.  Reminder has been set on the TV.  

Comments

  1. I am a voracious reader. Well, now, listener. I use the online library and get audiobooks. I am never without one. I watch very little tv. I am also a loner. I am fine in social settings but I sure don't need them.My solitude had become worse and it's probably not a good thing. Mark and I have our own tvs, so we don't have any stand-offs over what to watch when I do look at tv! We will have cheese ravioli for dinner, easy to do. You can find my email in my profile if you want to look. I'd rather not put it here, even though it's completely available if anyone wants it. One of my strange quirks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recorded the Marlow thing, just watching it now. Speaking as a clergy wife, I feel I should point out that Bishops usually take off their mitres when in the car!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it Angela, he did look quite happy in the middle though xx I enjoyed it hope you do too Tricia xx

      Delete
  3. I watched both parts of the Marlow on UKTVplay. Enjoyed it - hope there are more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, yes I enjoyed last night. Was tempted to watch on UKTV Play, but then decided no, will put my feet up and watch main TV for a change. Bit like booking a cinema ticket in my own home. From what I have seen I too hope that there are going to be more episodes. Take care Tricia xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts