Oh what a busy day

I was awake at 5:30am this morning then again at 8:00am wherein I then dropped off.  G left me until about 10:30am.

It has been a slightly stormy and wet day here in Peterborough with both lightning and thunder.  It has also been another extremely busy one.  After my efforts yesterday someone let me sleep in which I was grateful for as I was so stiff and very tired.

In any event, when I did wake up I got up more or less straight away and sorted out everyone's breakfasts and drinks and then went into the kitchen.

I did not get the top of the units cleared last night and so therefore I dealt with them today, and cleaned everything up.  Then set about cleaning the top of the cupboards and the ceiling and the light.  I was up and down the large ladder steps for quite some time and am now quite stiff again.  However I managed to get everything cleared and the worktop partially cleared as well.  Everything from the kitchen is now in the bathroom until G has decided that it is time to put the paintbrush down completely in the kitchen.  G had managed to do a little painting last night but he has now completed the first coat of paint throughout the kitchen and started painting the ceiling as well.  It is going to need another coat of paint, but looks so much cleaner.

We have had a simple scratch tea of homemade chips and tinned corned beef with some chutney and bread and butter.

I had wanted to do some sewing today however in reality that did not happen.  I have decided that I am going to get everything set up the day before I want to do the sewing so that I can just get stuck in when already to do so and just put the foot down and cruise.  I think at the moment this is going to be my easiest way of getting this done and out of the way with this week.  It is going to be another very heavy full on week.

Once the kitchen is decorated, I can then turn my hand to stripping the bathroom out and getting kitchen items back to where they need to be.  Will then set about the bathroom. Having to work with what we have and how things span out as well.

So progress has been made today, but I still have a long way to go.  It will be an earlier start tomorrow.

Once the kitchen and the bathroom are all square I can then start the massive ironing pile and get items into wardrobes etc. which will then clear up more room overall in the dining room where said ironing pile is deposited at the moment. There is still more washing to do, long term as I also need to go through the "laundry" closet for washing as well. Will deal with that later though. It will be a job well done at the end of the day.

Therefore another busy week ahead and I still have the garden to finish off but that will have to wait until the weather is fine which it has not been certainly today.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts