Playing Hooky

I don't know this is fast becoming a habit.  Was awake at 6:00am was checking my phone eventually nodded off again about 7:00am and was awake again quite a few hours later.  If I am awake early tomorrow I will be getting up. So today has not really been about anything in particular.  I have done some Internet surfing and then I set too and tried to create a meal out of nothing.

We are getting to the end of the month where fresh veggies etc are getting low, and some of the contents of the Pantry have run out as well.  I had run out of a sweet and sour sauce So I decided to have a go at making one with what I had.  No real recipe just a little bit of this and that a lot of tasting in-between as well.

Basically I had some Broccoli, carrots, red onion, some dried noodles a jar of my homemade Sloe and Crab Apple jelly (which is very plummy in flavour) but which I quite like, some white wine vinegar, three cooked chicken breasts, some mixed herbs, some vegetable bouillon, a tin of pineapple - using both the fruit and the juice, some stem ginger and a little cornflour.  I started off with the pineapple juice out of the tin and a couple of tablespoonfuls of Sloe and Crab Apple jelly and took it from there.  

The beauty of making sauces this way is if it is too sour add some more sweet and it soon balances out or visa versa if too sweet add a little more white wine vinegar (err on the side of caution though).  There are lots of other things that could be added as well, but this is what was easily to hand for me this evening.  Once all cooked through and the chicken has warmed through as well, and the mixture is nice and hot.  Just then serve it with rice.  We had ours plain and simple.  Has gone down very nicely though. Very filling and that was tonight's tea all sorted.

Not sure what we are having tomorrow might be pasta or could be something cheese related.  Will have a proper look to see what is left in there (the fridge) a little later on to see what I can come up with.

Been in the kitchen late afternoon early evening and moved that on a bit more.  A concerted effort tomorrow as hopefully the old tumble drier will be removed from the bathroom at long last and taken to the tip.  Fingers crossed and toes plaited.  Lots to do in both the kitchen and the bathroom.  The Pantry has been sorted though although there are quite a lot of gaps that will need re-stocking at some point.  However the Pantry since I sorted it out has remained very tidy.

Lots of stuff has made its way into the cupboards though although there is still a fair bit to go.  

The Dining room is a disaster but once the kitchen and the bathroom are sorted I can start on the ironing which will clear the bathroom and we might at some point be able to get that finished off as well.

Tomorrow is another day as they say.

Catch up sometime then.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts