I have stopped for Air...

 on my To do List.  I intend to catch up on it again on Tuesday.  Tomorrow I have an appointment.  In the interim I have had a very lazy day for a change.  It was time to take some time for me.  However I have not been idle.

We have been quite off our food this week - the hot weather always makes me the same.  I am quite partial to a salad here and there especially if it has a cooked sweet potato with it and coleslaw. G is not so inclined.  However he does not always get his own way on the food front.

Today I had not taken anything out of the Freezer for dinner.  I was not really in the mood for cooking a full on joint.  I was also unsure exactly what to have for tea if I am honest.  However inspiration struck.  

Pudding First

I knew I had some puff pastry in the fridge which I tend to keep in there in any event as I have found it a good standby for either creating a pudding or using for tarts or indeed pastries such as Mille-feuille as a sweet treat.  I decided to have a go rather abstractly at a recipe for a Peach Galette using tinned Peaches in syrup.  Would drain better if they were in a fruit juice, in any event it got caught a little perhaps because I had it too close to the top of the oven, but it was a tasty treat served with some double cream.

I then decided to go to the shop as I needed another tin of peaches to fill the Galette.  There were a few left over which I shall have for breakfast on some cereal with some yogurt.  

The Makings of the Chicken and Garlic Tray Bake

Whilst at the shop I noticed that they had some chicken thighs for £4.50 a tray  there were nine legs in there so one chicken is wandering around missing a leg! (Yes I know it was a thigh)!  Excuse my perverse sense of humour.  I also bought some French Beans and Red onions.  The rest of the ingredients, were already in-house.

I decided to make a chicken tray bake with plenty of garlic.  I used Red onion, four garlic cloves chopped in half, Courgette, Cherry tomatoes and French beans chopped into smaller pieces.  I also served with Garlic potatoes which were basically new potatoes which had been boiled until about half way cooked, allowed to cool and then popped into a separate tray to cook with a little oil, salt and butter until they were cooked.




I am pleased to report that the main meal was extremely delicious and very tasty.  This meal is very much my kind of meal.  I am one for a lot of veggies when I can.  G had not been aware that I was cooking a meal at all (He just thinks that Tinkerbell the Fairy pays a visit. swishes her wand and then food appears)  I will not disillusion him at this point.

Pudding was absolutely delicious too.  I served a good wedge of the Galette each (although G had a smaller version) and served it with a little double cream.  I shall definitely do this again.

I was therefore really chuffed when everything worked out well.  Today I really flew without the recipe book.

If I get chance tomorrow I may well make a Quiche.  If not tomorrow definitely Tuesday.  I love Quiche and Cheese and Onion flan.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. We had quiche on Saturday. It was lovely and light for a main meal. We've also been having more fish and pasta dishes while the weather has been hot. It is difficult to know what to keep dishing up when you really don't feel like eating much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks absolutely delicious. Like you, I lose my appetite when it's very hot and tend to snack rather than have a proper meal. Glad to have it cooler and cloudy right now. The Galette sounded delicious too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts