Some Changes you should be aware of - especially over the age of 60
Not just restricted to Pensioners though, of which I am one.
I am not going to get involved/embroiled in Politics. As far as I am concerned that is not relevant here, as every Government does it. Sometimes the implcations are felt much later, where a differing political party has caused the relevant damage. None of them are perfect. Being aware of how you as an individual or a family can protect their boundaries is something that I think we should be able to decide for ourselves at the end of the day. Some of us also need more help than others which is not a reflection of who we are, it is just that times are a changing and when you work full time you are more aware of what is going on in the world or that part of the world that you are part of, than when you retire. Life changes a lot then. However I do believe that some of the items on the link below have more far-reaching consequences with hidden deadlines which impact your ability to be proactive for your own individual financial situation. Things that are being "snook" in without too much notification to the extent that no one is aware of the changes. Covers a wide spectrum of items, including pensions. New powers are being given to the powers that be to refuse driving licences for anyone with an outstanding benefit liability; which can stop you driving until you enter or have in place a repayment programme. There are specific date deadlines this year that could affect you well into next year.
Worth a look in any event, as it also covers schemes that after this year will not be able to be dealt with as the schemes are not being continued. This relates particularly to the Warm Home Scheme and they need to be dealt with asap this year and not the New Year or Spring. I do not pretend to understand the full implications, numbers have never been my strong point, but it is the dates required for action for looking after yourself that concern me more as these appear to have been well hidden and people may not be aware of them.

Comments
Post a Comment
Hello, thank you for popping by