Cinnamon Toast

I have had a bit of a depressing day today and the day seems to have dragged somewhat. I have had dinner tonight but have the munchies again which isn't good and I fancy Cinnamon Toast. I absolutely adore this as I have a sweet tooth in any event, but a dose of this when I am having the blues really perks me up. Now I always keep at least one large jar of cinnamon sugar already prepared in my pantry and I use the scented sugar in tea cakes and apple and cinnamon muffins amongst other things. But you don't have to have this ready prepared - its just something I use a lot of.

All you need is some slices of bread - however many you fancy then for every teaspoon of cinnamon you add two tablespoons of caster sugar and mix them together until well mixed.

Toast the bread on one side only then generously butter the untoasted side of the bread sprinkling liberally with the cinnamon sugar. Pop back under the grill until the mixture begins to melt. Cut into fingers and serve immediately.

I am on my way to the kitchen.

Comments

Popular Posts