Followers

Sunday, 11 July 2010

Zahter Seasoning

Now that we appear to be in full swing with salad season (its really too hot to eat even if you feel like eating much) I have been looking at simple ways in which to "pep" up mealtimes.  I have come across this recipe which looks interestin and I believe it is a seasoning that some of the top chefs use. I love sesame seeds anyway and I love them toasted, that might be an extra twist on this recipe as it will release the nuttiness of the sesame seeds.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon/15ml sesame seeds
1 tablespoon/15ml ground dried marjoram
1 tablespoon/15 ml ground dried thyme
1 tablespoon/15ml grated lemon rind.

Method

Mix all the ingredients together and store in a screw-topped jar for up to 2 weeks.  Use to flavour salads, stews and breads or beat into softened butter and spread on to a french stick cut into 1 inch slices.  Wrap in foil and bake in the oven until hot.  Sounds
yummy - must get a french stick tomorrow to try this out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, more yummy stuff :) So, pretty warm out your way, huh? Same here! Hope your well...take care. P.S. I thought of you the other day when I saw some apple green gingham ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping by. I love to receive comments and to make new friends so please say Hi. Pattypan

Meet the Moggies

  • Merlin (approx 18 months)
  • Squeak (approx 2 years)
  • Poppy (approx 16 years)
  • Tyson (approx 17 years)
  • Tinky (official name Clover approx 18 years)