2012.01.01 My Day

It has been a relatively lazy day for a change today.  I did indeed see the New Year in quietly by myself, with the company of my cats and then disappeared to bed around 1.00 a.m. after checking my lottery results. Two numbers not bad I normally manage to miss the lot. Needless to say as a result of the late night or should I say early morning I was not that early getting up.  It has been nice to do nothing, but read, catch up on programmes I have missed during the past couple of weeks, reading, plotting and planning a time for gentleness and dreaming.  I am always chasing rainbows.    A time for quiet thoughts a introspection - the no mans land between dream world and manifestation.

OH has been on his computer and I have generally pottered as I pleased a great luxury time to release some creativity I just wish I got more days like this rather than at the coalface with the pick axe figuratively speaking.  Ah well everything has its place and time.

This evening has seen me indulging in pure fantasy watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince - I thought I had seen this one but it turns out I hadn't and I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it.  Sometimes the drift and escape into fantasy does you good, takes you away from things and helps  you come to terms with reality and dealing with dealing with the minutaie of day to day.  It takes you out of yourself.

I have another day off tomorrow - I am hoping to get the sewing machine out and have a play about - hasn't quite happened yet but its on the cards so at some point it will happen.  The creative juices are bubbling to the surface again.

Hope your day has been as brilliant as mine

Take care wherever you are

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. My day consisted of putting away all the Christmas decorations and catching up on lots of commenting on blogs so like you I had a slow, relaxing sort of day. Today will be similar although I shall do the washing and ironing but with only two of us that isn't a particularly big job these days. I might sit down with a pad and pen at some point and make some lists of things to do and places to go this coming year. Then there's my book pile of course:) I've already taken a casserole out of the freezer for dinner so I can just potter along again. Hope you enjoy your day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes just sitting back and doing very little can be very productive...it lets you take stock, rearrange and decide what is important. Glad you had the chance to do it....and it helps recharge the old batteries!! Enjoy your time before going back to the old grindstone!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have missed during the past couple of weeks, reading, plotting and planning a time for gentleness and dreaming. I am always chasing rainbows. A time for quiet thoughts a introspection - the no mans land between dream world and manifestation."

    We are kindred spirits :]

    Hugs

    Kimmie
    s

    ReplyDelete
  4. well great minds think alike because I watched Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince on the very same night, I'm a very strong fan of the Harry Potter films and books, my favorite films were Prisoner of Azkaban and The Half Blood Prince and The Order Of Phoenix, OK, I guess they all are,, its been great reading your past posts,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts