A quieter day today

Well it would need to be realistically for me to come down back to the ground.  It has been a quiet day.  I did some more work in the kitchen.  Slow going but starting to see some progress.  Loads of rubbish has been removed yet again and a load more to go yet. Will get stuck back in again tomorrow morning first thing, but later in the morning I have some appointments to attend to.

I am planning and plotting things as usual as well.  As I have mentioned before I am going to have lots of organisational work to do to make this job work at home.  It will also mean that I will not be a lady that lunches as will only get half an hour for lunch per day (am used to an hour) and the site I will be working at is out of town and not accessible to me (as I do not drive) and will necessarily probably have to see my friends either at the weekend or meet for a meal of a weekday evening.  Will have to see how it pans out.  One Saturday in two I will also have to work 9:00am until 4.30pm. but will get a day off in lieu during the week preceding that.  However, we will see how things go.  I have never been afraid of hard work.  Doing new things stretches you and it will be a totally new experience for me.  Things like this make you grow.

This evening we have had one of our use up bits stir fries using the remnants of the chicken from the other day and bits and bobs of veg that was in the fridge that needed using up. We added in tinned pineapple, stem ginger in syrup chopped fine, some of the syrup, noodles, and lots and lots of veg as well as a stir fry sauce that I had in the pantry.  We have had heaped plates to eat tonight and there is enough for OH to take some to work and enough for me as well.  So it really does make the most of simple ingredients very cheaply.  And most of all it is very tasty.

I have also done a little research for some Christmas posts as well. Long term readers of my blog will know that I start gathering ingredients togther in September and start making things for the big event.  Initially a lot of the work relates to buying items in and making sure that I have a good stockpile and choice of ingredients to play with for Christmas.

Next week is my last week of Freedom and I intend to make the most of it as well as trying to get a little more sorted at home.  I think I have my work cut out but nothing ventured nothing gained.  

When I work downstairs my constant companion is the radio.  I have it on in the background and just get on with what I need to until the job is done and dusted.  

Right had better get a wriggle on.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts