Beadwork

I love beads and beadwork of any sort. I have been fascinated since I was a small child. My mother was left a handmade keepsake by her maternal great aunt, aunt Sue who eventually retired to extended family at a farm at Bicker near Spalding, just up the road from where my mum now lives. Great Aunt Sue was a Tailoress according to the Census and she was forever making things and made my mother a dolly bag covered in thousands of seed beads that had all been handsewn in an intricate pattern. I used to get very frustrated as a child not being allowed to play with it, but this is a true heirloom something that is passed from one generation to the other and is greatly treasured. My interest in beads stems from there.

I have been attending beadworking classes which have been held every so often locally and I have had a go at making several necklaces, although I am slow and I am still a novice each piece seems to get that bit easier. I intend to really have a session and really play once I have a few minutes. I have a bead loom upstairs which I intend to have a go at in the not too distant future.

I just love beautiful unique and distinctive things.

Here are a few of the things I have had a go at so far













I have also done some Christmas tree baubles as well but they are packed up with the rest of the Christmas Decorations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Proper tinned Sterilised Cream - where did it go - Can you still get it - Updated

Parsnip, Apple and Ginger Chutney

2025 Another Year Passes