More Gardening Bits and bobs




I was so pleased with the Cloches I bought the other day (I bought two at £1 each) that on Friday I went and bought 4 more. They may only be cheap but will enable me to start off some salad leaves under cover so that we have regular fresh lettuce etc withouth having to pay an arm and a leg. It tends to be pricy in the shops. Also you can't get it much fresher and more full of vitamins I also bought four bags of golden shallots, a horseradish root and another Rhubarb.

I have my eye on some more rhubarb plants a different variety, strawberry plants, asparagus plants, onion sets, maincrop potato sets ( and some salad potatoes would like to get some pink fir apple and some charlotte, or Ratte). Having to do a little at a time as not many pennies - then again am not on my own. Have been utilising the pound shops and Wilkinsons. Would also like some fruit bushes such as gooseberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, redcurrants, blackcurrants, whitecurrants etc. Would also like to get some red onion sets and reddy/pink shallots.Will have to see what can afford.

I have been looking through the Dobies Catalogue this evening and they have quite a lot of new products available. Would also like some apple plum and pear trees, but will have to see. I see that they have gourmet mushroom plugs available for Lion's mane mushrooms; oyster mushrooms, shitake mushrooms. They are also doing oyster mushroom straw kits and selling button mushroom grain spawn. I am very partial to oyster mushrooms.

Will probably set some cress seed tomorrow as I love egg n salad cream sarnies with a sprinkling of cress on the top.
Am going to a local garden centre today to see what they have available - just for a look a bit of plotting and planning. Am after getting some Comfrey plants to use as a feed, so will have to keep ,my eye open.
The water butt needs sorting out so will get that done shortly. Then its a matter of sorting out a compost bin as compost is the key to keeping healthy crops.

Comments

Popular Posts