2010.04.19 My Day

Been a busy day here in Peterborough. Have had loads of washing to do and I have got it all dry. Its been a warm lovely day even I have been without a jumper today which is a rarity.

For the best part of the day I have spent pottering in the garden. It has been delightful to be outside, especially after being cooped up in an office for the best part of the week. My mixed leave salad, sorrell, radishes are through and have been transplanted to the cold frame with fleece lining and top together with the re-potted house leeks and Londons Pride. I didn't get any seeds sown today as have been clearing the herb patch, sorting out loads of pots, as well as the cold frames . Everywhere still looks a mess but it is tidier than it was work in progress we will get there. I have also sorted out loads of broken pots (plastic liners) and recycled them in the bin. I didn't get into the house until gone 6.00 p.m. No roast today so that I could get on we have just had egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and fried bread. Very tasty too.

Yesterday I pruned the bottom part of my bay tree which had thrown up loads of suckers. Probably the wrong time of year to do it, but rather than waste the leaves I have strung them tightly into part of a garland for one of the dressers. Need some more leaves to finish it, but am quite pleased with it.

I have also (thanks to Silver Sewer - Thanks Ann) managed to take two cuttings from the mint my mum gave to me. They are currently stood in water waiting to root. It is going into a large confined pot so it doesn't over-run anything.Ideally I fancy an old belfast sink to plant a load of herbs into, but lets say one hasn't come my way yet. Fingers crossed.

Outside the kitchen door is starting to look quite respectable again. I am going to try and do a bit after getting home from work each night and hopefully slowly venture down the garden.

Catch you all soon

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts