Happy Birthday to me

Its my birthday today and I have have a lovely quiet day, very relaxing but with lots of cooking. May I thank everyone who has sent me birthday greeetings and cards.

Have had my mum over for dinner today; we have had roast lamb,new potatoes in mint,roast potatoes. little yorkshire puddings, peas,cauliflower, kale and roasted sweet potato, with lashings of home made vegetable gravy. Mum made me a lovely birthday cake - very delish trouble is that I forgot to take a photo of it before we set too and demolished it.

The lilac is out in the garden too; I cut a big bunch and bought it into the house for Mum as I know she loves it. She was very chuffed and recounted a story of the day I was born which I wasn't aware of; my father apparently turned up with a big bunch of lilac for my mum. 51 years later different time, different place, same person's birthday but mum again given lilac. Serendipity seems to be making herself
known.

I have had some lovely presents too.

The Sage plant in the garden has really taken hold and I have therefore harvested a bunch for my mum to take home with her to dry. Mum like me uses a lot of sage, either in Yorkshire puddings or in home made stuffings.

Take care everyone cartch you all soon.

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Belated Happy Birthday to you. It sounds like you had a nice day. My garden is full of spring flowers at the moment, lilac in my front garden is starting to open up. It is a very deep purple, almost black, love the colour. Hope you are having a great day.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday PP ;-)

    Did not get the parcel out, will give it another go this week! Big sage user here too, that and garlic keep me going, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another belated Happy Birthday! Glad to hear that you had a nice day. I love lilac too but it isn't in flower here yet, Peterborough must be a milder climate than Sheffield. I don't have a lilac bush myself but I enjoy those belonging to various neighbours:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts