Home Made Pizza

I love Pizza but the prices they charge really do take the biscuit. (Excuse the pun) I have therefore been experimenting with doing my own home made versions. They are also a good way of using up all those bits and pieces that accumulate in the fridge and end up getting thrown away.

Ingredients
1 cup of water
3 cups of white bread flour (I Used Waitrose Canadian Extra Strong Bread Flour)
1 1/2 tablespoon dry milk powder
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tsp of salt
2 teaspoons of dried easy action yeast (I used Allisons)

Method
(I have to use a breadmaker as I cannot knead very well because of the arthritis in my hands. I wish I was able to but I just cannot even though I have tried). I therefore use the dough hook on my Kenwood or the bread machine for doing the kneading.

Always use your own individual breadmakers general instructions
set the breadmaker to the dough setting the machine I have used a Pizza setting which is the dough setting for this particular machine.
  1. put the ingredients in the pan as specified by your manufacturers instructions

  2. remove the dough from the machine when it beeps

  3. divide the dough into 6 balls

  4. put one ball on a floured board, roll it to the shape of a circle.

  5. place on a lightly greased pan and prick with a fork.

  6. Repeat with the other balls.

  7. Garnish with your chosen toppings i.e. ham and pineapple, tomato onion and basil

  8. bake in the oven at 350 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes

  9. Serve eat and enjoy
Makes approximately 6 individual pizzettas or use the same quantity to make individual pizzas but divide the dough in half rather than 6 balls.

The actual dough process took about 45 minutes in the machine from start to finish.










You can get/make the toppings relatively easily and the dough is not difficult to make.

  1. I fried some onions in some butter as one topping.
  2. segmented and skinned about 3 ordinary tomatoes and added some basil and oregano and some mixed herbs, garlic and black pepper with a dash of water and then simmered until a sauce. Then left to cool as another.
  3. I Had some left over smoked ham from sandwiches that I used.
  4. I Grated some dried cheese
  5. Sliced a yellow pepper.
  6. Opened a tin of pineapple.

I then mixed the ingredients as far as they would go between the pizzas.

I must say they were quite filling but very enjoyable



Pattypan



Comments

Popular Posts