Simple Pleasures

I love simple good food some of which my OH does not have an appreciation for (not the simplicity of the food just the sort of food I tend to go for naturally). He is not keen on omlettes, certainly let alone a herb omlette but different people, different palettes.

For tea this evening I have had herb omlette with a mixture of fresh gathered herbs out of my little herb garden,tarragon, sage,french parsley, mint, thyme, chives, oregano and rosemary. Each mouthful of the omlette was like a taste explosion and because I had used a variety of the chopped up herbs, each mouthful was exploring virgin territory.


Take a couple of eggs and break them into a bowl



Beat them together with a whisk


Add fresh ground black pepper to season to your taste I tend to use more pepper than salt in cooking.



Add some milk and/or a dash of cream


Pick your chosen herbs - I tend to use a bit of everything but that's me, suit those herbs that you like.


I chopped mine with my Mezzaluna


Beat the herbs into the egg and milk mixture




Cook in a frying pan on a gentle heat until there is no liquid showing, but use a gentle heat as you don't want to burn it.

Turn out onto your plate. I served mine simply with some brown bread and butter.


For sweet I have had some strawberries chopped in half, a sprinkling of sugar, broken meringue and fresh cream mixed into a mini Eton Mess.





Very Scrummy.



Comments

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts