With Some Trepidation

I am not very good at maths, never have been, although I have tried. I have been humiliated in the process in front of my classmates and made to feel a fool.

I did try and do something about it and when I went to college undertook a course with the wife of my Chemistry teacher from school who had a very good reputation for teaching anyone maths. After six weeks she turned round and said I just didn't understand it did I. So I have always been a bit of a failure when it comes to maths no matter how hard I try.

I have been better since I have been at work, and am okay with things if I am shown how to do them, and with regular practice am able to complete the task in hand like monthly billing, but I am not quick and tend to err on the side of caution as I want to get things right rather than wrong.

Tomorrow I have to go to our local college to take a maths test and I am terrified. I have an hour and a half's exam to sit after which I will be given my marks and they will decide whether or not they will be able to help me, with a set of evening classes probably later on in the year. I am hoping that they will be able to help me as for one I am that much older now and I would really like to put this problem to bed and be able to get on with things rather than have a fear of them, getting all upset and stressed out.

So tomorrow in one sense I will be facing my fears in one sense - but then the hard work really starts.

Wish me luck

Comments

  1. Good luck with this Patty, I can understand how you feel. When it comes to maths I'm fine with anything to do with arithmetic but algebra and geometry have always been a complete mystery to me, I just don't have that kind of mind. I shouldn't beat yourself up about it though, you have many talents in other directions most of which are a good deal more useful than maths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence Rowan.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts