2011.04.10 My Day

Its been a busy bitty day today and I don't feel as though I have achieved very much at all. although I have been on the go most of the day. I have managed to do a little bit of washing, all the washing and drying up from last night's tea, cooked a lovely Sunday dinner Roast Rib of beef with roast potatoes and parsnips, leeks, broccoli,carrots and gravy all very nice and full of flavour.  Still have a lot of meat left to eat, but it was gorgeous. Either a cottage pie and beef sarnies from the left overs haven't quite made my mind up yet what to do. 

Just after I put in the roasties

 And Roasties more or less done ready for serving up.



 Have also washed my hair and let it dry naturally - its very rare I use a hairdryer as I have psoriasis on my scalp and I have found letting it dry naturally stops the dreaded flakes.  I have also fed the cats, and then went out for the evening with my friend Eve who goes swimming every week to a local leisure centre and they had what was termed as a pamper evening which in reality was an exercise evening.  Eve joined in a couple of things but I couldn't because of a bad back but I was generally chatting to people and watching what was going on.  It got me out and I did enjoy it especially a Zumba class which is like an aerobics class; if I hadn't have had the problem with my back I would have had a go at this. But a very pleasant evening all the same and the weather has been lovely again.

The animals haven't reacted well to me being "missing".  Missy has pounced on me as soon as I have got in and I have Squeak cuddled up on my lap whilst I am trying to type this and every so often a paw comes out trying to catch my fingers as they zip along the key board.Oh what it is to be popular!

Its a lovely clear night tonight, but I do wish I was down on the coast near the sea hearing the sloshing  and lapping of the waves as they hit the beach and perhaps having a late night paddle. Oh I wish!

Catch you all soon

Take care

Pattypan

xx
 

Comments

  1. Your roast looks wonderful. Even though I grew up on a ranch and my mother made the best roasts, I never inherited the talent. I'm not a patient woman and you must be patient with roasts. Maybe I'll try one after seeing yours. My dog Ella is the same as your cat. Just as I'm typing a wet nose will add some letters or click some buttons. Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous roast! It's making my mouth water :o)
    My little puss is just the same if I'm away, when I pop out shopping she's always waiting in the garden when I get back, such lovely little creatures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts