Cancer

On a serious note, I have recently found out that another good friend is now suffering from Breast Cancer.  I am not sure what to do for the best to help and support her - all I can do is be there if she needs me - this is a horrible disease that strikes right at the heart of that persons own individuality, often leaving physical as well as emotional scars.  But each one of us can help by paying a visit to this site
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=2

on a daily basis.  Please would you take the time and effort, once a day, to help raise funds for more mammagrams to take place so that this horrible disease can be stopped at the earliest possible time.  A simple click a day - the simplest of actions that can mean so much to so many.

Thank you from my heart

Pattypan
xxx

Comments

  1. One of my dearest friends had a lumpectomy and radiation 2 years ago only to have it return recently and breast removal and now chemo and she is feeling mighty ill from the chemo. She is a young mum with two primary school age children. My heart breaks for her and her family. Lots of stress for them at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and mammagrams are free for those over 40 in Aus. I had mine last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your friend has been diagnosed with this awful disease. I think the best thing you can do is be there to listen and support as needed.
    On the positive side, my dear friend and neighbour for the last 33 years was diagnosed early last year with breast cancer too. She had a lumpectomy and kemo, and has had the all clear. She continues to take some form of tablet medication each day and has her check-ups. Her Surgeon was confident they had removed all the problem from the off. It's not all doom and gloom, many women have a full recovery. Please pass on best wishes. Hugs for you both.
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts are with you and your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such sad news - I think just be there when needed. Good idea of yours that we should be conscious of this disease and try to support it every day we can: my spare coins always go into the cancer research buckets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that all goes well with your friend, I lost a frioend to breast cancer a good many years ago but I also know people who have recovered from it and there is a pretty good chance of a full recovery if it has been caught fairly early. I agree that all you can really do is be there if you are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all your support it is much appreciated. My friend has asked for some Reiki which hopefully I will see her soon for this. I am sending absent healing each night to her in the meantime. Positivty is all important.

    Pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts