Touching Base

I have been out this evening to a friend's home and her home is heated by an Aga.  I grew up with a Rayburn - well that's what my Nan had and that stove was in service from new for over 60 years before it had to be given away.  An Aga is on the wish list as are a couple of open fires/log burners.  They are so much a way of life and of comfort.

It has been an enjoyable evening with very good company as usual; I had gone out without having any tea and so have just had a favourite sandwich i.e. Goats cheese cut into slices in buns with salad leaves and fried onions.  Hits the spot for me every time as I am a tad partial to the old Goats cheese.

I hope I have a better nights sleep tonight as I could not get comfy in bed, my hips were playing up and I could not lay for very long in the one position and I just got myself comfy and wouldn't you know it the cat who had been distinguished by her absence decided that indeed she was coming to bed and decided to pad.  Aargh!  Hopefully she will behave herself tonight.

I have also booked some holiday today from work.  I am not going anywhere but I have a lot to do and a lot I want to catch up with. Having the cold the other week made me realise that I was tired and I needed a break to be able to concentrate on my home and crafts and as you know I just love cooking.

Right upwards and onwards up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.

Hope everyone is okay just take care wherever you may be

Catch up soon

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Sounds like you had a good time Tricia :o)
    Sorry to read your hips are acting up, hope you have a much better night.
    Enjoy that 'holiday' even if you're going to be busy it's so nice to be at home.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose

    Yes thank you had a lovely evening. Trouble is with my hips I have been told that there are degenerative changes going on, so its something I am going to have to put up with. Hope you are okay. Take care

    Pattypan

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts