Catch Up On Saturday and today

After my post yesterday I went shopping and hit some bargains in the reduced counter.  A chicken for £3, 2 packs of Hunters chicken @ £2 per pack = £7.00, 2 packs of Hereford Beef mince @ £1.60 per pack = £3.20 Total  £10.20 so I did not do too badly.  So that has all gone into the freezer apart from the chicken which is being cooked for pack ups during the week i.e. Chinese chicken wraps and /or ordinary sarnies.

For the rest of the day I was doing some research on the Internet and just had a generally lazy time for once.  I felt completely drained when I came home on Friday evening and I am no now starting to feel a bit more with it a bit more charging on all cylinders although I did flake out on the settee again this time for about three hours.  So although I could ill afford the time doing nothing for once I had to listen to what my body was telling me and just rest.  I can play catch up during the week.

Today has likewise been leisurely although interspersed with pottering around doing some household chores and also cooking dinner.  We have had a small piece of leg of lamb (the thick bit at the top) which I found reduced for £1.88. I cooked this in a slow oven studded with garlic and fresh rosemary roasted under foil with hot water mint and rosemary as a starter for what will become the gravy together with vegetable juices, redcurrant jelly, and stock.  The foil comes off half way through for the meat to brown and then once cooked it is left to rest for half an hour.  Needless to say it was delicious.



We then popped to see my mum - she had spent the day with my brother and his family and was home for 5:00pm. Spent a little while with her and then came home.  Watched the voice and am now about to watch the net instalment of Poldark.

Catch you soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts