Morning

Thank goodness I slept well last night playing catch up on a week where I have not really slept when I needed to.  I feel much more refreshed.  However it is grey and chilly at the moment  (2 degrees C) and I have a Jack Russell grumbling at me because she thinks I am in "her" seat!  So I do not think that today will be a day for "mud pies" unless the sun comes out a little.  I am itching to get on with some gardening though.  Maybe some planning and plotting instead a little later.  .

So far today has been lazy.  I have had a new book arrive which I have been poring through and which I am really chuffed with.


By Fiona Bird ..... and what a cracker lots of lovely ideas.

The book is split into sections:

Flowers and Blossom

Woodland and Hedgerow

Fruits and Berries

Herbs

Sea and shore

Recipes include Elderflower Scotch Pancakes, Wild Elderflower and Gooseberry Curd, Honeysuckle and Sorrel Sorbet,custard tarts with violets, Violet Gin, Violet drinking chocolate. Sweet violet Syrup, Wild Cherry Panacotta, wild sourdough open sandwiches (these look lovely and tasty), Douglas Fir Chocolate Pots, Wild Hazlenut and chocolate ice cream pots, Wild Hazlenut and chocolate spread, Wild and Wicked After Dinner Treats, Wild Rumbledethumps, and an extensive section on seaweeds, shellfish and their uses.  This is a real cracker as there are some simple solutions to cooking techniques (particularly with regard to producing flower waters at home) and there are loads more recipes in the book that I have not mentioned.

Very inspirational and I am so glad I have the book now ready to use in the season ahead.

I have also taken to watching the Taste of Britain programme with Janet Street Porter and Brian Turner; they are a perfect for each other with the programme showcasing food and producers in this country including a Charcuterie down in Dorset.  Today has been located in Devon showcasing the cream tea. Yummy.

Now I really must get on.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

Comments

Popular Posts