Crochet





This turned into this!


The cot blanket I crocheted for my friend Karen and gave to her at work yesterday at her baby shower.  It is her first child and so I made the cover a generous size in order that she can snuggle in it when nursing or baby can lay on it or under it.  It is lovely and soft.  I believe in lovely comfortable things make you feel snug and secure.



I have equally being me started another blanket well the centres of to say the least.  So far I have made 50 small centres in a lovely marled wool this one is for my bedroom as it has all the colours I like. Ice cream colours.  The wool is from Wilkinsons and £1.35 per ball and you get approximately 8 squares give or take a bit and depending on your tension per ball (just the marled wool).  The outer edge is going to be worked in cream wool.  






The inspiration came from The Patchwork Heart a favourite crochet blog as she has such lovely designs and such a good eye for colour.  You can find the blanket instructions with photos here (but I can guarantee you will find lots of lovely other projects as well).  Here is the link:





Comments

  1. This is very nice ,I like the colors .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eufemia the baby blanket was well received and I am still hard at work doing the centres for the ice cream coloured marled wool.

      Take care.

      Pattypan

      x

      Delete
  2. hope your friend liked it, I know what you mean about the softness making it snug. Looking forward to seeing how the next one comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mumsu

      My friend was well pleased with the blanket and could not get over the fact that I had made her something. Still hard at work on the new one working all the centres first but still have to work the cream outers, Quite a few more to go yet.

      Take care

      Pattypan

      x

      Delete
  3. You are very talented!
    Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunflower, thank you for your kind comments I have a go but I am still a Work in Progress. Still learning.I am currently sat working on the new blanket which will be a super king size blanket for my bed - the ice cream colours. Hope you are keping well.

      Pattypan

      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts