Notes from the kitchen Part 2 - 04 January 2016

I bought a stalk of Brussel Sprouts for Christmas and even though they are keeping well and fresh on the stalk (that's why I buy them like this if I can) it is time to get them prepared and into the freezer so that I can just pull a bag of Brussels out when I need them.

I also have some parsnips and carrots to prepare in the same way.  I have spent good money on them and so for a little time and effort it is time to squirrel them away so that we have good eating during these winter months.

These are the two projects for tonight when I get home from work.  I also have a little bit of ironing to do and more washing so before I know it the evening will be gone.


But hey its a start to the first wee back at work and getting back into the old routine.

Catch you later on

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I always peel and cut parsnips into the size that I want, parboil them and toss in a little oil then open freeze them. When I want to roast some I can just tip out the exact amount that I want. I have done this with carrot and swede as well if they start getting a bit soft. I have caught up with the washing but the ironing mountain is looming, it will be done today for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just prepared some broccoli and carrots for the freezer yesterday. These little jobs save waste and time in the long run. Enjoying your posts as always pattypan, love fluffy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts