Well its been a funny day

Way too hot restricting comfortable movement.  I have been beavering away still not finished. Have just had tea - a shepherds pie which has gone down very nicely as I really needed something substantial to eat.  The poor animals have really not known what to do with themselves and I have been making sure that they have ice in their water every so often but they seem to have gravitated to different parts of the house trying to keep cool. We have some of the windows open too.

Well the lollies were lovely and refreshing and so was the lemon sorbet.  I remembered to take a photo of the lolly but not the sorbet.  It was very refreshing.  The trouble with this heat is that it really takes it out of you.  I want to get on but just cannot so things are not getting done as quickly as I would have liked.  It feels heavy as though we are going to have a storm.

Well here's the lolly


I had already nibbled a little bit before I remembered to take the photograph.

I have some mixed fruit juice as well so will probably make some more with that instead of the peach nectar.  I shall make some more later so that I have some to come home to tomorrow after the back class.  I have to walk to the Hospital again so that will increase my steps on my phone app. Trouble is that during the week I walk everywhere and then come Saturday and Sunday I am usually housebound doing the domestic goddess bit (and failing miserably) and then the phone gives me GBH of the earhole because I haven't done enough steps! 

I could quite do with a holiday in Cornwall and have been looking to see if I can find any patchwork classes that I could go to if I went there say the end of September.  I have found some providers  - I was looking at Cowslip at Launceston but the workshops advertised were not quite what I was looking for.  After all I am only a beginner.

I have also had a look around the Rocket garden website and that has sparked a few ideas.  We will have to see if anything comes to fruition.

Right had better get a wriggle on - just hope it cools down a bit.

Catch you later.

Pattypan


Comments

Popular Posts