Its getting colder at night

and our heating has been on a couple of times this week as I have been perished and I do not want the cats to get cold, particularly my old lady so on it has gone for a little while each night.  I do wish we had a log fire though.  Would make all the difference to heart and soul.

I have been struggling with the arthritis this week because everything is so damp It really seizes me up like the tin man from the Wizard of Oz and I am only young I still have a lot of living to do.  Must be grateful for what I have rather than what could be.  Could be far far worse.

It depends on which way the wind is blowing as to how warm or cold the rooms are.  generally speaking the front of the house is colder than the back apart from the kitchen and bathroom which gets perishing when it has been frosty or snowing. I will have a look at the weekend to see if I can find some suitable thick cloth off the market to make a door curtain.  might get some thermal lining as well to make it extra snuggly.  With this being an old house and no double glazing at the back when it gets cold it is perishing.  I make sure there are lots of throws and blankets though and keep the doors closed and the heat in where I can but I like everyone to be warm.

Right better get a wriggle on still in the pantry but things are coming on and I am getting the jigsaw puzzle done.

Catch you later.

pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I'm just catching up on blogs as been so busy and wanted to say I hope you're feeling a bit better and not suffering too much with arthritis. Tracy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy

    I have had to come off the medication for the scleroderma and the arthritis so with the damp weather I have been a little stiff. Will have to try and keep it under control with the paracetamol and keeping warm which means thick jumpers, shawls and thick coats for work!

    Some days are better than others which is a blessing in the longer term.
    Take care. Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts